Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Trade-In is a MESS
mercierp

Long story short: I spent over two hours on the phone with a Verizon rep because I received a message saying they didn't receive one of my trade-ins and were going to charge me. After two hours which included me PROVIDING THEM WITH THE PROOF FROM UPS THAT THE ITEM WAS RECEIVED, I was told to call the trade-in center (not a transfer, I had to call them and wait). 

The trade-in center said, "oops, we'll fix it." Low and behold, I just received my bill and there is a charge on there. 

What a joke this program is. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Trade-In is a MESS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello mercierp,

Getting extra value for trading in your old device is really important. We are here to help! Did you send the 2 phones in the same package or did you send them in separately? What day did you speak with our trade in team and what day did you receive your bill?

-Christopher

0 Likes
mercierp

Separately. I have spoken with representatives on MULTIPLE occasions: Feb 24th, March 16th, March 19th. 

The bill came the week of March 16th. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@mercierp ,

It's great to know that you had not sent in your trade-ins together, as that will definitely affect the process to get proper credits for them. It's also great to know that you had already contacted the trade team, and they had confirmed that they had fixed the missing trade. Since that was done after your current bill had already been processed, please wait until the next bill cycle, as that will include the corrected trade along with any missing credits that are part of it.

-Russell

0 Likes