Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Trade-in Credit Issue
JMB1966

In May 2021, we purchased two new IPhone 12's under the promo where we could trade in our old phones. The trade-in process has been a COMPLETE nightmare and Verizon should be embarrassed to have such a scam of a program.  After 3 months and HOURS AND HOURS with phone support, online chat support and Trade-in people attempting to get this credit applied, the issue still isn't resolved. Every time I contacted Verizon (at least 8 times) they informed me that they were escalating the issue and that the issue would be resolved within a week. Each time I called, every rep had me start completely over and every time I would beg them to just go back and read the prior notes, because all of it should be there. The promo I was supposed to receive (OST Promotion Number: 349948) was supposed to credit me a total of $579 for each line for a total of $1,158 over the 2-year contract. Two weeks ago, I was on the phone for THREE hours, and was promised that the Promo Escalation form for each line had been processed, and to give it one week and it would be taken care of. Fast forward 10 days and still nothing had happened, so I called again. During the last phone call (one hour and 30 minutes), I was told “Congratulations, $579 will be applied within the next 24 hours for the line ending in XXXX and then in 24 hours, another $579 will then be applied for the line ending in XXXX.” I even received a text saying that a $579 credit would be applied to my account! When I checked my account later that day, it showed that $300 had been applied to one line and $290 applied to the other line for a total of $590. Hmmmm...none of this matched up to what I was told (i.e., $579 to one line first)....AND I never received the other $579 credit promised and it's been over 48 hours. Based on what I've read, my best bet is to just turn this over to the Better Business Bureau. I'm done dealing with all the empty promises. So, to those considering a promo for trade-ins, RUN! This is a SCAM! 

Re: Verizon Trade-in Credit Issue
ShaverA

I've had the same issue. Traded in May with the promise of a credit and bill decrease. Neither has happened. Now my bill is over $200 more than before we upgraded. Hours on phone and chat and issue has not be resolved yet. Verizon lied to a lot of people. Best to go to a new carrier now. Verizon is horrible. No loyalty promotions, higher monthly fees and reps lie. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@ShaverA ,

We're sorry to hear you feel that way, but when it comes to any trade-in issues we'd need to know about them as soon as possible. What do you see when you check the status of your trade using your Submission ID? How is that different from what you see on your account? https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/ -Russell

0 Likes
sh0215

Agree, complete SC-AM!!! I got cheated too. Verizon cheats, lies, and basically steals from its "customers".... err, more like its contributors to its profits and employee bonuses.

ShaverA

Russell, 

I did let VZW know about the issue on the month the credit was to be applied. It was been months of dealing with this and the reps lie and lie and lie. It's one issue after another. My phone was turned in  May 2021 and no credit has been received. My husband only received part of his credit that was promised. Now this week's chats are having the reps tell me no such promotion or trade in credit existed when I traded mine in. Looks like verizon ScA*MM*Ed a lot of people out of this promotion.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, sh0215. We're deeply sorry to hear that you feel this way and for any issues that you experienced with trading in a device. We certainly want to help going forward in every way that we can. So that we are updated, can you please describe the concern you have related to trading in a device?-Brett

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate the insight and would like to learn more. What specific promotion and trade-in device was traded in? Why was only a portion of the credit applied for your husband's line of service? Looking forward to hearing back. -Chris

0 Likes
WJane66

I have the exact same issue. I contacted customer service by phone or chat several times, and different people told me different answers. Some agent told me he would research the issue carefully and call me back, but he never did. The status of my trade-in still not changed. Very disappointed!

sh0215

i was told i would be getting a $300 credit per line (3 lines) when i brought my lines over at the time i signed up for verizon, got new phones by your "chat rep". i didn't have my account password from my old provider and the rep stated not an issue, we can transfer the numbers later. so i went ahead and selected the plan, got new numbers, new phones, and even added a 4th new line (not transferred). i kept asking when i would receive my credit/rebate and asked specifically what i needed to do. rep advised i just needed to wait about 2 billing cycles for the rebate/credit to appear in my account. so i received new phones, got the lines transferred. and then waited (as instructed). after 3rd billing cycle, i still not receive my credit/rebate. so i inquired again. then i was told i was under the "wrong plan". and given an the rebate phone number to call. i called 3 times only to be transferred from department to department and hung up on all 3 times. and recently got another "chat" rep telling me they can not do anything because i was outside of the 30 days of terms. what???? just getting lied to, and feel cheated in so many ways. feel like verizon just wants my money and will basically lie to me about the promo to lure me in, and then change the terms or state something different to not provide the rebate/credit i was told i would be receiving. just tired of the runaround and being told different things. and honestly just feel lied to by verizon.

0 Likes
sh0215

not surprising, just get the runaround and a whole lot of "wasted" time.  biggest fraud provider in my opinion. looking to get out of verizon and get with a company that actually doesn't lie to you and delivers on their word. not trying to make stuff up, just wanting what was stated. tired of wasting my money on lies. service is not worth the price and the rebate/credit feels like a bait and switch in my opinion. i bit unfortunately.

0 Likes