Verizon Up App not working
dcl4182

I just received an email instructing me to enroll in Verizon Up and Mobile + Home Rewards to connect my FIOS and wireless accounts and receive the discounts etc... The three steps in the email are copied below. First step was done automatically with the purchase of the phone.

Second step is impossible because the android app is not set up to "go to the top left corner" for a menu...the Up Rewards tab is located on the bottom. Just as a side note, this is pretty lazy writing on Verizon's part. Seems like the instructions for syncing accounts could at least describe the app's layout properly for each customer.

Third, I clicked on the Verizon Up and received the following message "We're sorry. It looks like we are having trouble connecting." 

I have tried to correct this issue by restarting my phone, force stopping the app, and clearing data/cache. No luck. I cannot fully uninstall the app on this phone.  What can I do to get Verizon Up working so I can sync accounts and receive my rightful discount? 

1. Open the My Verizon app.
Don’t have the app yet? Download it here.

2. Enroll in Verizon Up.
Within the app, go to the top left corner and choose Verizon Up. Follow the prompts to enroll. Already enrolled? Skip to Step 3.

3. Sync your Fios account.
Within the app, go to the top left corner and choose Verizon Up. Follow the prompts to sync your Fios® account and enroll in Mobile + Home Rewards.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Up App not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for this inconvenience, dcl4182. Our goal is for you to take advantage of all the available rewards. Let's work on getting this resolved. Have you tried to complete these steps on another device (PC, tablet, etc.)? -Gerson

0 Likes
dcl4182

Yes, there are no other options for signing up/linking apps. I referenced your own website here:

How do I sign up for Mobile + Home Rewards and Verizon Up?

After you get your qualifying services, we send you an email with Mobile + Home Rewards enrollment details.* Or use these steps.

Before you enroll in Mobile + Home Rewards:

Note: When you enroll in Mobile + Home Rewards, be sure to be logged into your My Verizon wireless account.

1. Open the My Verizon app. Go to the Verizon Up page in My Verizon. (If you're not already enrolled in Verizon Up, choose Join now to enroll.)
  2. In Verizon Up, you'll see Mobile + Home Rewards. Click Join now at the bottom of the screen. Fill in your Fios username and password. (This links your wireless and Fios accounts.)
  3. Choose Verify account. (If that doesn't verify you, we'll ask you to create a new username and password through the Verizon Fios website.)
  4. Agree to the Program Terms and choose Join now.
  5. You see a confirmation screen with your Mobile + Home Rewards details.

Keep in mind: It can take 1-2 billing periods for your bill credits to appear. Device Dollars** are awarded on the first day of the next billing cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, dcl4182! We are concerned to hear you have not been able to submit for your discount, and we would love the opportunity to help you today. Can you please send us a Private Message to better assist you?  ~Rachel

0 Likes
dcl4182

Message sent.

0 Likes
dcl4182

No response to my private message yet, @vzw_customer_support . From reading the board it looks like this is a common issue among users that seems to get triaged to private messages and no outcomes are ever posted.  Would be nice if you responded to my private message, and maybe posted a fix for the issue in general!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. We've not received a response from you via Private Message at this time. I apologize.

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dc14182, we've sent several private messages to you. Please check your In Box at 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

However, if you don't feel comfortable providing your account information to us via our Community In Box (In private), please reach out to us through any of the other channels found at 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

We'll look forward to continuing to work with you. Thanks! 

-Robert C.

0 Likes
dcl4182

I've responded to your DMs. 

0 Likes
dcl4182

Robert, I have sent several messages to @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes