Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon Up - Device Dollars
BeachGirl009

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years.  I have been participating recently in the Verizon Up rewards program.  I had redeemed some of my rewards for Device Dollars.  A few days ago I purchased a new Samsung mobile phone from my local Costco, which is a local Verizon provider.  I provided the info the dealer on the Device Dollars.  Verizon would not redeem the rewards.  I went ahead and purchased the phone through Costco & they set up the account with Verizon while I was in their store.  When I latear spoke to the Verizon Up Rep, she told me that Costco was not an authorized dealer.  I do not understand why Verizon would allow the kiosk within Costco to sell their phones & their plans, but they do not consider Costco to be an authorized dealer.  This makes absolutely no sense to me.  Why does Verizon give their customers rewards that they cannot use?  I am NOT HAPPY with Verizon.

Re: Verizon Up - Device Dollars
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to make this up to you, BeachGirl009! Please reach out to us in Twitter or Facebook where we can access your account and work on a resolution to this issue, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
kirknoggins

I'm glad to see that you are going to resolve this issue.  For future reference for customers like me who plan on buying their next phone at Costco, how should I proceed in order to use my device dollars with my Costco phone purchase? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Kirknoggins! We know it's vital to understand how to redeem your Device Dollars, and we're glad to help. Here is a link with all the details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/reusable-content/offers/device-dollars.html

All you need to do is to show them the bar code on the promotion for them to redeem the Device Dollars. We hope this helps.  

AaronS_VZW

VT2020

This didn’t help me at all and neither did the CS agent I spoke to at Verizon. I pitched my new iPhone from Apple for Christmas. It was activated automatically by Verizon via Apple. Not only did they not give me my $85 device dollars credit, now Verizon is taking them away. I saved all of those “rewards” to use when I upgraded to the 11 Pro Max and got nothing. Big rip off. 

Vsorrentino90

So, I went to a kiosk in Costo, I couldn't get the barcode, because apparently it no longer can be generated, never got notification that device dollars will no longer produce a barcode, and could not apply the $160 device dollars to the purchase of the iphone 12 pro. According to this discussion, it seems that you do allow device dollars to be used at the kiosk in costco. I have been saving device dollars for this purpose, and this is actually very frustrating. A rep from Verizon Up is now telling me they can't be used at the kiosk in costco and never could?????? Is this real life?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to be able to use your Device Dollars towards the purchase of your new iPhone 12 Pro, Vsorrentino90. You may Use Device Dollars when purchasing your device through My Verizon, in a Verizon store or Authorized Retailer, or over the phone with a Sales Rep. Please click here: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/ and select Device Dollars on the right for additional details. 

Are you still looking to purchase the new iPhone? If so, we do recommend ordering via My Verizon or with a member of our Sales Team. However, you may also click here: https://www.verizon.com/stores to find a Verizon store near you. Does this help clarify things?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
JC-25

I had the same problem and have $80 to use

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand the desire to use the Device Dollars that you've earned and are concerned to hear that you are unable to do so. We want to ensure this matter gets resolved. Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss?  

0 Likes
noears

Hi,

would like to ask why we couldn’t use device dollars toward devices for the phone. For example, I’m deafblind, so I  bought a apple pro max iPhone the biggest size... then wanted to use device dollars to get Apple Pencil as it’s hard for me to navigate the iPhone sometimes. I then was upset when I learned I wasn’t allowed to use device dollars on apple pen.  It took me 8 months with loyal payments and worked hard at saving device dollars and learned it was worthless. It was quite disappointing experience. Also I went to one of your stores to learn more about iPhone accessibility features for deafblind, your staff or manager couldn’t even explain to me on basic accessibility features for people with disability needs. It’s ridiculous.. you want us to pay top dollars for everything- regardless of what device dollars... it was a lie/scam cuz the Verizon person told me to register for UP program to earn device dollars, and that I could use it toward any devices such as phone, tablet, watch or pencil.  So this is false adversiting.   So disappointing version. I had been your customer since I was 14, and I’m soon to be 35.. I’ll be not recommending your services.. and what’s sad is I’m forced to pay for voice minutes regardless of me not being able to use it (deaf).. while sprint and T-Mobile offer text, internet and email service only for the deaf community.. so I m forced to pay for the unlimited plan.  Not really accessible for the deaf community or the deafblind community.   So disappointing. Now my device dollars will expire soon.