Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon Up - Unable to process request error 8n
leesernc

I have an iPhone 8 and iOs 13.4.1.

I have two claimed rewards (petco gift card and Pay it Forward gift card) that I cannot use.

When I tap on "Use Now" I get the following error: Unable to process request error [8n]

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

I have tried turning my phone off and on.

I have tried signing out of the app and signing back in.

I have called Verizon twice and had tickets issued for this.

Is there any way to use these codes to get our gift cards WITHOUT using the app. The app seems to be the problem.

Please help!

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Up - Unable to process request error 8n
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Help is here to get those codes working as they should leesernc. I'm sorry you're having issues with them. We want our customers to enjoy using their Verizon Up credits with no issue. What resolution were you given with the ticket that were issued for your problem? Did you also speak with our Verizon Up team about your issue? 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
leesernc

I have called twice and never been able to get a resolution. Both times, I was given a ticket number. The second ticket (I am told) was an escalation and remains outstanding. The first ticket led to me receiving an email that stated the following: 

Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Up rewards program! You recently contacted us due to experiencing issues with the My Verizon app. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may be experiencing. If you have not already, please try updating the My Verizon app, updating the OS on your phone and clearing your phone's cache (Android) or clearing the app data (iPhone). If you continue to experience issues with the app after following the troubleshooting steps, please contact 800.922.2004 and request to speak with Technical Support. Please note phones manufactured four or more years ago, may not be compatible with the My Verizon app, causing the app to not update fully. Should you have any additional questions pertaining to your Verizon Up rewards account, please contact us at 1.866.895.5579 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00pm EST, and Saturday and Sunday 8:00am - 6:00pm EST. Thank you for participating in the Verizon Up rewards program. We value your loyalty!
Thank you for your participation in the Verizon Up Rewards Program.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.

I did everything suggested. I called 800.922.2004, as told, and the number did not work. I called 1.866.895.5579, got through to someone who could not help with Verizon Up, and she put me through to representative who created a second ticket. PLEASE HELP. This is impossible. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand your concerns regarding the Verizon Up program and claiming your rewards. However, with this being a Verizon Up issue we do not have the resources to correct this issue and can only process a ticket for the correct team to review. Please wait for the results from the ticket submitted I am sure this is being reviewed as needed by our technical team dealing with the rewards program as needed. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
cedesue

I also had issues...I got 2 emails back to call them.  I called each time and got no results.  first time I was  asked for my email and my husbands and each of oour phone numbers.  Next email requested the code it still has not been resolved.  I figured it is a loss.  The gift card expires in two weeks any w ay.

0 Likes
alaskanwonder

I spoke with Sara with the Verizon UP rewards team and she was able to fix my problem immediately. The issue on IOS 14 stems from the default browser issue. If you are receiving the error code 8N, go into Settings/Safari and if you see "Default Browser App" set to anything other than Safari, change it to Safari.

The "Default Browser App" field only appears if you have designated an alternate browser, such as Google Chrome (which I have).

If you switch your default browser to Safari and then redeem your codes, it should work.

Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you so much for sharing, alaskanwonder. Have a fabulous day!

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
mikejherzog

This worked! Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Makibri

I have an Iphone 12 and had chrome as my default. I tried this and it worked immediately! Thank you for posting!

0 Likes