Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Up only through phone app?
BRIDES13

Hello,

Is it just me, or is having the rewards program only offered via a mobile app really inconvenient? Kinda asking if this is a commonly felt sentiment and if there is an alternative to having to install yet more bloat on my phone. Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: Verizon Up only through phone app?
ejschultz21113

How is the My Verizon app bloatware? It's an app specifically made for your VERIZON phone. The Verizon Up program wouldn't do you any good from a desktop computer. The point is to use your credits for gift cards. The gift card barcode uploads into the app so all you have to do is let the barista at Starbucks (or whoever) scan your phone.

0 Likes
BRIDES13

I'm aware of that. But it is another thing I have to keep track of on my phone versus the website here where I've done it for the past several years. I largely use my phone just as a phone, not a computer. Keeps up my productivity. Thus, I only want to know if there are alternatives or if I'm just going to have to ignore the program. Maybe I'll come around eventually, but for now it is just yet another thing I have to add to my phone I'd rather not (since if I ever lost my phone then I'd be [removed] ).

Ann154
Expert
Expert

I don't use the MyVerizon application either. I have purposely chosen to not register for either iteration of the Verizon rewards programs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kathy65793

It is not really worth it since they updated the app. Half the time I have to cancel out of it because it will not open up. I used to like it for checking my data which was really easy on the phone. They are going to have to come out with a patch soon if they want me to keep it on my phone because as it stands now it is just taking up space on a phone that does not have much to begin with

0 Likes
turner2f

Also need it for Desktop / laptop devices so we can copy & paste the gift card codes to Amazon purchases.

KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate your question regarding the Verizon Up rewards program and if they can be redeemed on your desktop, turner2f. Let me help you with your question and get you pointed in the right direction. Please note that the Verizon Up rewards can only be redeemed on the phone via the My Verizon App. Here's a link that shows this information https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/ . Please scroll down the page to the section "Choosing Rewards" under #2. Also, the page helps with other FAQ's as a reference. Does this provide clarity? 

Lastly, if you have lines on your account that do not have mobile protection, I have great news. We have our "Open Enrollment" program going on for our Mobile Protection Plan going on. If you do not any have safe coverage on your devices and would like to cover any of them, please visit this link for more details on how to add this important peace of mind feature m.vzw.com/AddInsSocial m.vzw.com/AddInsSocial .

Thanks,

EdwinL@VZWsupport    

0 Likes