Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Website is broken. So is customer service.
Goonboy

I attempted to purchase an Apple Watch today on the website.  I have a prepaid phone with Verizon currently.  The website refused to take my order,  and gave no information as to why. Clicking on the continue button for the watch I wanted just brought me back to the prepaid devices screen. 

I contacted Verizon via Facebook messenger.  I had surmised that the prepaid plan was the issue and asked if that was the case.

First I was asked to confirm my account. I did. I was asked to confirm a second time because it didn't go through the first time.  My PIN code was not accepted by the authentication page.  I stopped after 2 attempts so I wouldn't get locked out and informed the rep via messenger with a screenshot of my first authentication success. 

A longer wait time ensued.  I was informed that I had been verified.  I was told that indeed there were compatibility issues with prepaid and apple watch. No mention of the ordering issue until I asked sharon about it. 

I asked how to switch to postpaid. I wad told that I had to phone customer service,  which was already closed for the day.  Why I was not informed of this right away,  I couldn't say. 

I asked for a link to a customer satisfaction survey multiple times with no response. 

I was on messenger with them for 2 hours, when they could have said to call in the first response. 

Why why why? 

Re: Verizon Website is broken. So is customer service.
Goonboy

Sharon is not the correct name. I spoke first with Geo,  then Cassie. 

I was told after posting this that a survey might or might not be sent in a few days. I'm skeptical. 

0 Likes
Mittya

Companies need to care more about the quality of their customer service. Shame on you, Verizon.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

CS doesn't move lines from prepaid to postpaid, that's telesales (800-256-4646).  That queue is bad enough as it is without someone giving wrong advice. 

Surveys are also random. You either get one or you don't. It's not something that is sent on demand.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Goonboy, we are sorry to hear about your experience with attempting to purchase an Apple Watch. Making sure you are aware of your options to migrate your services to a Postpaid account is important. This migration process will need to take place with our Telesales team by dialing 800-225-5499; Mon-Fri: 8am-11pm , Sat: 8am-9pm and Sun: 10am-10pm ET.    

0 Likes