Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon Wireless provides the worst customer service experience on planet earth
Customer1299

Charged my credit card without my authorization for a phone I returned months earlier.  When I provided the tracking information, I was told they couldn't issue a refund.  I had to DISPUTE the charge with my bank to get my money back.

EVERYTIME I call, I'm consistently directed to some type of chat rather than speak to a live person.  When I'm able to jump through the proper hoops and get someone on the phone, I'm typically placed on hold to speak with the "correct" department which produces hours of hold time and no resolution.  

I've been a customer for 20+ years and it just keeps getting worse.

Re: Verizon Wireless provides the worst customer service experience on planet earth
Predator7
Novice

Agreed indeed 

Re: Verizon Wireless provides the worst customer service experience on planet earth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Predator7, our goal is to provide you with support when you need it. We have many great options for receiving support, such as by phone, chat, or Social Media and you should be able to choose the option that fits your needs best. Your feedback will be reviewed for ways to improve. Please let us if there are any outstanding issues that we can address. 

0 Likes
chandus1

All your customer service options are designed to confuse consumers at best and willingly designed at worst. I go to the store and they ask me to call customer service. Customer service asks me to call account activation service. Account activation asks me to call credit dept that never picks up the call. I can easily waste 3 hrs playing phone tag with verizon customer reps.  

There is no co-ordination between depts and reps mostly care if I have opened a new line or if I need to make a payment. Verizon customer service has hit rock bottom and started digging.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know how important it is to receive the support you need. How exactly can we assist you?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
Denverclimber
Novice

This is another example of Verizon reps, or bots... appeasing and deflecting genuine questions, requests and posts asking for assistance. I have been through this same nonsense a number of times, even was suggested to visit my nearby VZ store for 'customized' service and I wound up wasting a full hour and a half only for the rep there tell me that they could not help. This new VZ program of customer assistance is a joke. I have been a customer of VZ for over twenty one years, same cell number for twenty eight years and I'm  just biding my time, most probably will look for a deal with an unlocked phone. VZ should not be surprised at my post or those of others describing the illusions we have to deal with when contacting VZ customer service. Very sad and pathetic company these days. 

Doggo
Novice

That's a lot of words for a whole lot of not saying what your issue is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We love your loyalty to Verizon Wireless for the past 21+ years! We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. We're here and a live human to make sure that we address any wireless questions or concerns that you might have. Are you currently having troubles with your service or account? 

0 Likes
GodFADA

Doggo, I understand his issue fine, perhaps you're the only one with comprehension problem.

On a side note, I see you replying to people's post leaving a comment without truly understanding the problem or what the person is really going through.

In fact, you did it to my post.  Yup useless comment about what 'carryover data' is supposed to be.

Like people don't know that..  You keep missing the point that Verizon is at fault.

Sounds like it's the same thing here.  I wouldn't be surprised if you are actually an employee of Verizon and using a private 'member' account.

Going back to the OP, years ago I had an experience of tablet being added to my account that wasn't mine.  It suddenly appeared without any notification.

Upon complaining to Verizon, they told me to take it up with the store that added it.

It turned out store rep added somebody else's tablet under my account.

But the fact is, I thought the same thing then: "what kind of customer service is this"

With another recent billing issue with Verizon, I totally agree.. customer service terrible.

0 Likes
MEMO_MARTIN

Agree, worst service used to be Comcast, I think Verizon takes the cake.

The whole thing about confusing support options that may or may not land you with a rep is disgusting. Then the rep will 100% not have a clue and just bounce you around.

I tried to change my number. Big mistake. Wasted a total of 2 entire days bouncing around with support tickets until I gave up. I just switched to ATT after years of being with verizon. They really can’t care less to help, but when it comes to billing and charging their systems work alright.

never again verizon