Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon agent scam?
FoghornClegghorn

I am trying to upgrade my kid’s phone. Put in an order on the website yesterday, got an email today saying my order cancelled. So I called customer service and ended up on a chat thru a link texted to me. The agent was reinstating the order, but when I went to finalize payment, the monthly price plan was $15 higher than before - $80 instead of $65. I pointed this out, was told that “lots of customers are confused by that but it’s fine, you will only be charged $65.” They said the price plan “looked higher” because it included the new phone financing. I looked again, and the monthly cost for the phone ($7.50) was already broken out, it was not part of the $80. I once again said, look, this doesn’t seem right, it says here $80 per month for the plan instead of $65. They assured me it was fine and said I could screen shot the convo if it made me feel better. This didn’t make me feel better, I doubt that would do any good when I got my next bill with an $80 charge on my new 2-year contract! I again expressed concern, and the agent said fine, I have cancelled the sale. I honestly feel like they were trying to scam me, and I am mystified because I initiated the transaction through calling Verizon. What is happening?? I’ve now spent more than an hour trying to buy a new phone through Verizon, have no new phone and feel I can’t trust Verizon.

0 Likes