Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon and Spam Calls
cwdonverizon

Hey Verizon, This is your network, your communication system, DO SOMETHING ABOUT ALL THE SPAM CALLS!!!  I am now getting 15-20 spam calls every single day, stop the spammers.

It's simple, there is a thing called an IP packet which contains destination and origination information, you can get the originating location from the IP packet.  Locate these sorry people and stop their phone calls.  Or is your pocket filled with their money more important that my time spent dealing with these companies dozens of times per day.

It is impossible for you to say 'we don't know who is calling'.  You're telling me we can send a few robots to Mars, take pictures and send the pictures back to Earth, and you can't tell me who calls me?

Update your data, your process, and infrastructure and stop the spammers!

Re: Verizon and Spam Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cwdonverizon, we definitely understand the nuisance and frustration that spam and robocalls can pose to us each and every day. To help mitigate the effects of these calls, Verizon does offer the Call Filter, with both a free version and paid version with more options. Please see the link below for more details and let us know if you have any questions.

https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/

-Joshua

0 Likes
Tigerstep

You act as if this a Verizon exclusive problem.

eptcb

Now that Verizon offers the paid service seems we get more and more spam calls. If they know it's spam then stop allowing them to come through

seapickle

The spam calls, voice messages as well as text messages are a joke. I also get 10-20 per day. It doesn’t matter how many I block, these companies have loads of numbers they cycle through to hide their identity. It is unreal and a huge problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand the problem and frustration with getting unwanted calls that effect us each.  Let me help you with this concern and find an option to deal with it. Would you be interested with using our call filter? We do offer the Call Filter, with both a free version and paid version with more options. Would this help? 

0 Likes
FLCR

I was having the same problem, but the problem disappeared after I followed the advice of some article I found online. Unfortunately, I did not save the article but it explained how hackers can easily access information from the apps of cell phone companies like Verizon and they use that to start the spam calls.

• The article advised to remove the cell phone app to reduce or eliminate the spam calls. I don't understand how it all works, but all I know is that I deleted the main Verizon app where I paid bills and viewed my account etc. Once that app was deleted, the spam calls stopped.
Mirkosan

Suddenly I get spam text messages and see no way to block them. I don't want to pay for an app to do this. Any help?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Mirkosan. We know how annoying spam texts and calls can be. We many solutions to put a store to these types of calls and texts. Click here to learn about the free blocking options available on My Verizon: https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/   Additionally, you can get the free version of Call Filter to block even more spam, click here for more information: https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/. *Cassie

0 Likes
TXShelbyman

We all would be interested in Verizon simply blocking known spammers. I am now averaging over 8 spam calls a day some times I get 14 to 15  a day. This is ridiculous and unacceptable from a technology company. They are mostly coming from 877 area code. You can't tell be Verizon doesn't have the technology to stop this. I am not paying Verizon to be be spammed. This is harassment and Verizon does nothing about it.

0 Likes