Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon bills SO MUCH higher than shown in store
kelbelo3064

So, after staying clear of Verizon for 10 years (after Verizon overcharged me for literally 2 years and refused to refund anything but a single month- so over $340 in overcharges, from a single line 10 years ago) I finally bit the bullet and came back (in need of new phones and new device promos were very good).

First month bill is over $113 PER LINE... for only three weeks.  Way to bankrupt me right off the block Verizon.  That bad taste from being ripped off before?  Its totally back.  

This is AFTER paying over $800 for "free" devices, including a $40 per device setup fee.  Was charged a $0 DPP activation on each device, only to be double charged an additional $35 per device DPP on the first bill.

What is the way to get bill assistance?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon bills SO MUCH higher than shown in store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello kelbelo3064,

I would be concerned too if my bill were different than what I was expecting. When you review your bill online, you can see each charge and what it was for. Starting a new account, you may see a partial charge for service along with the next months service. This will be laid out showing the date ranges for each charge. There is also a $35 one time activation fee for each new line of service. DPP is the Device Payment Program. This is the monthly charge for your phone which is the full cost of the phone divided over either 24 or 30 months (whichever you chose). 

Looking at your bill, do you see the explanation of each charge? Which specific charge do you have a question about?

-Christopher

0 Likes