Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon broke the promise and Trust.
cybercop45
I upgraded my phone over Thanksgiving weekend… I was offered the promotional trade-in of $400. But when it was time to honor, Verizon changed the story and told me I am getting ZERO trade-in. $400 was for new line but this was never mentioned during transaction. I contacted the "customer Care department/trade-in department" multiple times. EACH ONE HAD A DIFFERENT STORY and DIFFERNT OFFER for TRADE-IN value.

This was very frustrating experience after staying with Verizon for 13 yrs. REWARD for LOYAL CUSTOMER I guess.

One of the customer rep offered $200 but in order to see this, I must return the Old phone. After returning phone I contacted the "Customer Don't-Care department". The story become interesting, I was told $200 ONLY if I sign up for UNLIMITED plan. Which will cost me additional $50/month. Then I spoke to her supervisor (unpleasant talk), He offered 3-options. (1) take $200 trade-in and sign up for unlimited plan, (2) Return the phone since I am not happy, and (3) He was throwing $100 to close the case.

I have rejected all 3 options. Because this is breach of trust and promise on Verizon part. Only option I can take is $400 (or give me better explanation for $200 trade-in value). I WILL NEVER TAKE $100 AND GO AWAY FROM HERE. Yeah, I could go away to competitor (AT & T or T-Mobile next time).
Re: Verizon broke the promise and Trust.
Tigerstep

What makes you think another carrier would give you things for a promo you didn't qualify for either? Doesn't matter how long you been with Verizon -- if you don't qualify for a promotion, you don't. My own account is a former Alltel one, same rules apply to everyone.

Verizon clearly outlines on their shop page what you need to do to qualify for discounted equipment. If the info says you need a new line or specific plan, that's how it is.

That $100 offer was too generous for not doing research on a big shopping day. 

0 Likes
cybercop45

Very humble response sir. It seems you are the same person I spoke on phone. What else Verzon customer expect?

0 Likes
cybercop45

Tigerstep: There are lots of hidden promotion goes around is what I was told by the Customer care department. They are all unadvertised. So, its all your luck at the time of contact. Breach of promis is what they offered during the transaction and when time comes to deliver, rules changes. And when you say $100 is generous offer, I don't know where you come from, I am not that cheap I can be bought for this amount.

Sorry for your lack of knowledge and the level of arrogece and ignorance. 

0 Likes