Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon charging for phone that was returned
Joenola

Verizon is fraudulently charging me for a phone which I returned.  This issue has been ongoing since May.  Continually lied to by customer service that they are taking care of the issue.  I had a warranty replacement of my phone.  Was sent the wrong phone, then had to call in to request the correct phone.  I sent two phones back in separate boxes, and both were received as per the UPS tracking information.  Started recieving texts to return my device or be charged a non return fee.  Multiple calls and multiple reassurances later, I received a bill today for $1199 plus tax for a phone which has been confirmed to have been received at their Fort Worth facility.  I even recorded my last conversation where they assured me I would not be charged on my next bill.  As of yesterday the bill was issued and I have been charged.  Was told they would transfer me to escalation twice, and each time they transferred me to the wrong department. It seems at this point that Verizon is engaging in fraud and scamming their customers.  Countless hours of my time have been wasted on the phone being lied to and repeatedly transferred.  I will be initiating legal proceedings, and reporting to FTC and BBB.  Fraudulent business practice.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon charging for phone that was returned
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Joenola,

I'm definitely sorry you've had trouble with these phones being returned and still getting charged. That is never what we want and I can assure you we will make sure we get to the bottom of it. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can get more details and fully assist you. 

-Andrew

0 Likes
Joenola

I get this message when trying to reply to your private message.

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

More hoops to jump through, more nothing being taken care of.

0 Likes
Joenola

Well I replied to their customer service agent above.  I was connected with a chat agent (most likely a bot) that proceeded to waste another hour of my time with no resolution.  Only sent copy and paste responses or bot answers.  Kept claiming they were reviewing details of my case, and never returning to the chat with any useful information.  Don't waste your time with Verizon or their customer service.  Report to BBB and FTC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Joenola, thanks for the update on what was going on when you tried to send a Private Note back to us. I am going to resend a Private Note to see if you can reply to that one. Thanks. 

-Kevin

0 Likes