Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon commits fraud consistenly
Randy333

In September 2021 I traded in 2 devices that were valued at $800 and $400 respectively. We were not allowed to trade these devices in in-store. We didn't receive the shipping materials after 2 weeks and went back in store to ask, they told us continue to wait. This occurred 2 more times over the next 4 weeks before we finally demanded they just give us the shipping materials in store. Verizon received my ohones 12/5 after these continuous delays on their part. And instead of crediting the original amounts the phone valued at $800 was credited for $92 and the $400 credited at $39 due to the phones being returned late. Clearly based on the reviews all over this site and the internet in general this is an intentional practice by Verizon. Not allowing trade in in store allows them to pull this shady practice of and they are defrauding people on a regular basis dating back over 2 years now from what I can see. I've called, I've done online chat, I've gone in store. Every method of contact refuses to help, no one will let me speak to a supervisor or put me on the phone with a team member that can actually assist and credit my account accordingly. I've already reported this fraudulent business practice to the BBB but after a month and a half it now seems that no one at Verizon intends to make this right.  DO NOT USE VERIZONS TRADE IN PROGRAM, THEY WILL DEFRAUD YOU.

Re: Verizon commits fraud consistenly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Randy333, that is a big difference in trade-in values, so we can certainly understand your concern about receiving a resolution for the trade-in issue. We truly apologize for the experience at the store with obtaining the trade-in materials. Our goal is to make the trade-in process as seamless as possible. We hope to have the opportunity to work toward a resolution and regain your confidence. Please check your messages for a Private Note, so we can assist. 
-David

0 Likes