Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon corporate stores vs authorized/franchised stores
DENGRE33

Just a word of warning, use a Verizon Corporate store vs an authorized retail store.

My current problem, I approached an authorized Verizon retailer. You know you can't tell the difference in store-fronts, they all have the large Verizon red & white logo emblazoned on the front.

A salesperson & I had a dispute on the price of a new iPhone SE that I wanted to purchase. The quoted price was a few hundred dollars more than quoted on the web-site. I left the store, deciding to purchase on-line. When chatting with the Verizon rep on-line, she informed me that two new iPhone S6's had just been added to my account, by the store I had left about 1/2 hour before.

This happened on 8/27. Almost 30 days ago. Verizon still cannot reconcile my bill, that I did not get these phones, that I do not owe $1400+ in charges.

Except for a short 90 days stint, I have been a Verizon customer for near 20 years, but I will not pay this bill. Numerous conversations with customer service, who all say I do not owe the bill, cannot fix the billing error. I cannot find a name or email address for a CS manager to bring my problem to.

My bill is due 10/4, if not corrected by then, I suppose I must get another carrier, even tho I've found Verizon to have the best coverage.

Is any help available???

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon corporate stores vs authorized/franchised stores
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is a concern for sure. We are unable to assist you here in the public threads so I will send you a Private Message. Please be on the lookout for that so that we can assist further.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

At a premium retailer, the name of the store will be right underneath the Verizon Wireless logo. I have never had trouble telling which is which.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DENGRE33

I've still not received a PM or an answer/explanation why Verizon thinks I owe these charges.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

You must go back to the store that supposedly ordered the phones and ask for copies of the signed paperwork as well as get the name of the company that operates that store.

They should also call into Verizon at the special number they have for support and get this taken care of.

DENGRE33

"You must go back to the store that supposedly ordered the phones and ask for copies of the signed paperwork as well as get the name of the company that operates that store.

They should also call into Verizon at the special number they have for support and get this taken care of. "

If you are a CS Rep, you can look into my account, and see that on 8/28, this is exactly what I and the store manager did. Each CS Rep we talked to said they would solve the problem, but 30 days later, still no resolution.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

I am not a rep.

This isn't a magical place where reps will know who you are so you can't just expect them to be able to look into your account. At this point you should handle this with VZW directly either over the telephone or in a corporate store.

The reason I suggested to get the signed paperwork is so that you have something to arm yourself with if the retailer did in fact change your account. You'd be able to prove that it isn't your signature.

Or you can find out the company that operates the store and call the headquarters directly. They will have their own customer support line.

pherson
Leader

Even if she was a rep but she isn't your user name on here is not synonymous with your account or cell number so how would one be able to look into it?!

You need to go back to the store.

0 Likes
DENGRE33

"Even if she was a rep but she isn't your user name on here is not synonymous with your account or cell number so how would one be able to look into it?!

You need to go back to the store."

I assumed a CS Rep could look at my profile, My Verizon, etc, and deduce my number & account. Had you looked at post# 5, my answer to sprmankalel would have told you I have already done as you suggest. In fact, I spent 8 hours in that store, with the salesrep, and on the phone to many different Verizon CS reps trying to resolve this bill.

My complaint in post# 3 was that I was promised contact by a VZW rep, Erin. I have not received any response. If I had, I could show them an affidavit from the Store rep explaining what was done, how it happened, and that I should not owe these charges.

As it is, in less than 10 days, they shall lose a customer.

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

You know what they say about those who assume.