Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon customer service terrible!
gwigington

My son has moved out of the house and wants to start his new pay as you go account. 

He contacted Verizon two weeks ago and they said no problem, I would just have to respond to an email authorizing the number be removed from my account. 

I received the email minute lasted and clicked that I agreed. Unfortunately the  phone call between my son and Verizon had ended.

He has now tried to start his new account for the last two weeks. The automated system says he can’t use the number because it is take but he can’t get through to a actual person either. He called numerous times and even tried to call the local store which takes you to Verizon’s main automated system.

I tried to call today also numerous times and I keep getting no where and get pushed off to the automated chat. 

I then tried to schedule a call back and the soonest appointment was two full days out! Give me a break! Is Verizon so hard up they do t have live workers or do they care so little about their customers that they just hold them hostage? What if I had my account hacked and needed a representative right away?? 

I think AT&T may get a strong consideration from me and I have already told my son to go talk to US Cellular since they have a store he can walk into.

Ive been a reliable paying customer for almost 2 decades! I guess that means jack to Verizon.

Re: Verizon customer service terrible!
Tigerstep

Verizon isn't going to not be cheap any time soon. Check out how many centers they've closed over the past years. The more people that leave, the less people that stay have to wait on hold. With it being such a thankless job, it's not shocking people aren't exactly submitting job applications. 

I used to be a transfer your service rep and calls like your son's would have taken me under 15 minutes start to finish setting up a new account.

0 Likes
gwigington

I agree! This thing shot never take 2 to 3 weeks for something this simple

0 Likes
gwigington

Well a quick update! I actually got a human to answer the text message and as convoluted as it sounds they we’re going to set up a appointment for me tonight with the transfer rep but since I had previously set up an appointment for two days from now (the only soonest option in their call back appointments) he couldn’t help me any further tonight.

Soooo......while I talked to a person I still have to wait 2 more days to be helped! I’d actually get faster results making a dicots appointment during covid!!!

give me a break Verizon! This isn’t custom support it’s a customer hostage situation! 

0 Likes
gwigington

Update: 

So during the appointment the Verizon rep started sending texts which where links on how to transfer a phone number rather than simply trying to help. I explained we did all that and the number they provide for the transfer department does not work. Finally she tried it, and received the same results we had gotten. 

After attempting to contact her supervisor, with no luck, and two hours of time we actually thought we were getting somewhere when she started to build my son an account. Everything was going well until she had to do a credit check. Now mind you my son had a previous pay as you go with Verizon. She stated since it was after hours we would have to schedule another appointment for the next day. My son waited the next day for the appointment call from Verizon, but it simply never came.

Few days later he went to a Verizon store and actually managed to talk to a real live person. He explained the situation and after I authorized the transfer pin they explained he would have to call the transfer department because they were having problems doing it. 

Hello U.S. Cellular! The next day he got sick of trying to work with Verizon and went to the local U.S. Cellular store. A short visit got him a new iPhone 12 and a good deal. I may be moving my account also, but all I know is if you expect any type of service from Verizon....DON'T. Your simply on your own with them and their website or automated menus. 

0 Likes