Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon debt collection without notice
salemitic

I switch between two accounts and there was an amount of $53 on the old account that I could not pay. The new account didn't recognize the old account amount and my bill was sent to collections. 
My credit score went down for 86 pints.
I was reading posts here and Verizon suggests calling Recovery Operations Team at 800-852-1922.. That department doesn't exist. I called 5 times and I got transferred 10 per call.
Unbelievable I will need to call for legal help. This is not acceptable.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon debt collection without notice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

salemitc, we are very sorry to learn about your recent experience with trying to pay your bill, and having this affect your credit rating as this is never something that should have happened. No need to worry as we are happy to assist you with this today. Please review the Private Note that I sent you, so that we can make sure that this is properly resolved for you today. 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
cassiec2125

We had the same thing happen to our account. My fiance set up a joint account for us in October. However, they apparently set up two separate accounts and rectified the issue 5 days later. In that time, there was a $40 charge to the mistakenly opened account. My fiance woke up this morning to see that his credit score dropped 100 points because this $40 was sent to collections. He called Verizon, since there are no due payments on our account, and they said they reached out but we scoured our phones and email history for the last 8 months and found nothing. There were no texts, voicemails, and no emails or notices to our account. The representative for Verizon said there was nothing we could do. Now his credit, which was near perfect beforehand, is tainted for 7 years. It appears through multiple forums on this site that we're definitely not the only victims to this. We're looking to switch carriers given this devastating experience.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a consumer, I sincerely understand your discontent and your concerns about the credit rating, cassiec2125. Lamentably, we do not have access to accounts that are sent to a collections agency. Please contact that agency for assistance with the balance on that account.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes