Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon did not honor trade in promotion for $579.99
Kbrat

I had no intention of upgrading my daughter's phone.  When I heard about the promotion being open to existing customers, I thought I would try it.  Now I am very sorry I did.  I checked that the phone had a cracked screen (hairline crack still in perfect working condition).  I was quoted $579.99.  Once the phone was returned I noticed they reduced it to $88.00!!!!  I told them this was unacceptable, I wanted the phone back and will pay what I have to for the new phone.  I was told the phone could not be returned!  I have been a Verizon customer for close to 15 years.  I recently have 5 lines.  I am totally disgusted with this scam.  I can see reducing the price, but by almost $500!!!  I should have known it was too good to be true.  I have spoke with someone and all I was told was the screen was cracked so the price was reduced.  I will be taking my 5 lines elsewhere as the phones are paid off.  Thanks for reminding me what a bunch of garbage this is, it is always about the sale NEVER about the customer!

Re: Verizon did not honor trade in promotion for $579.99
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure that you get the promotion that you signed up for is priority. I would be super upset if my device was reduced by almost $500. I can help you straighten this out to ensure you receive the best value. To clarify, you upgraded with the damaged device promo? Is the device cracked on both sides? Please elaborate.

0 Likes
Kbrat

The phone had a hairline crack in the screen.  The rest of the phone was in good condition and working fine.  I would have never traded it in for $88.00

0 Likes
Kbrat

Yes, it was the damaged device promo and it was offered to new and existing customers.  As a customer for over 10 years, I don't remember being offered this before.  As I mentioned, I had no intention of upgrading the phone and definitely would not have for the $88

0 Likes
Kbrat

I replied to your message.  Is there anything you are going to be able to do.  The only thing wrong with the phone was a hairline crack in the screen.  I was operating perfectly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying that for us. Once a device is sent in damaged in any way, the appraisal is adjusted for the value of said device for resale after repair and testing. If there is any other information we can get you on this matter, please let us know. We are available around the clock. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
Kbrat

I'm am VERY sure it did not cost close to $500.00 to repair that phone!  This is totally a scam and I will not be staying with Verizon.  I will take my 5 lines to another company as the phones are paid off.  Thanks for nothing.  I'm sure it would not have put the company in bankruptcy to honor the promotion.  I knew there was going to be a reduction but close to $500 is ridiculous!  Verizon has the poorest customer service I have ever seen.  I have been a customer close to 15 years.  I hope all your "new" customers are getting better service than your existing customers.  Thanks for nothing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kbrat, I value your time & can understand wanting to get the value associated with your trade-in.  You mentioned it was a damaged device promotion. I would like to look further into this for you. Please reply to my Private Note at your earliest convenience. 

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Kbrat

It was the promotion for the iPhone12 pro.  Available to existing customers.  I was asked if there was damage to the phone and what it was (cracked screen, still operational).

0 Likes
Kbrat

I must have replied to your message incorrectly because the reply I received basically told me I was out of luck.  

Thank you for clarifying that for us. Once a device is sent in damaged in any way, the appraisal is adjusted for the value of said device for resale after repair and testing. If there is any other information we can get you on this matter, please let us know. We are available around the clock. 

VZW_RobertH

Thanks

0 Likes