Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon doesn't care about their customers
R9

Verizon is one of the greediest companies in history. You do not take care of your customers at all. I cannot use my cruddy LG phone at my house. It drops calls constantly and has severely hampered my life and business. All I ask is for the same iPhone deals you are giving to new customers. I should also not have to upgrade my plan or add a line to get these deals. You have done absolutely nothing to help your customers during this health crisis.. There is a reason you gave those LGs away, they are garbage. You won’t even give me a deal on an old model. The only reason I am even still with Verizon is that the coverage is good when traveling, however not being able to use my phone at home will eventually force me to switch companies so I can get an affordable iPhone. I have tried going to a Verizon store but all I get is carbon copy sales people who try to sell me everything in the store. You would think a thousand dollars a year when I don’t even approach my data limits would rate some consideration but you are a soulless corporate robotic machine. I went on chat and the sales person tried to get me to buy a Samsung. They don’t listen; I said iPhone, not any other brand period. In better times I would buy one form Apple but I shouldn’t have to. You are already the most expensive carrier yet you exploit your loyal customers and hold them hostage.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon doesn't care about their customers
les0406

Been a customer for over 20 years! Have two phones both have said eligible for a free upgrade for quite some time.  I went in and purchased two new iphones because both died within a few days of each other.  After I signed the 2-year contract I was hit with "by the way, Verizon charges a $40 per line upgrade fee".  I stated it says I was due for an upgrade and they said well they charge everyone.  I called customer service the next day and the lady was super snarky and rude.  I told her "all I am asking is to not have to pay an additional fee to continue to do business with you."   She said it "pays for the infrastructure".  Isn't that why we pay a premium for monthly fees?  When this contract is done I am out for sure. $40 could have saved a long term relationship but I guess they are too big for their britches these days.  ALSO,  we had been paying the "insurance" of $15/mo for 4 years and the phone dies and they say it will be $150 plus we have to go home and file a claim online, and then they will send us an old refurbished phone.  Feel violated and definitely unappreciated as a customer in today's competitive environment.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Verizon Wireless doesn't have service contracts for phone purchases anymore. You more likely agreed to a device payment agreement. If youa aren't receiving a bill credit for a purchase promotion, then you can pay off the device payment agreement balance early in one lump sum at any time. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

1) It's not your utility company. I've moved a lot over my life and switched between various carriers. If service doesn't work, you switch.

2) New line promos are aimed at people that need a new line. People are just mad at these types of promos because they want to game the system. Want a good phone? Pay for it. You're capable of getting a phone outside Verizon -- I've done it with my unlocked S20.

3) Free international calling and MHS data was added beginning of the crisis for relief. Same goes for suppressions and now billing deferrals. 

4) You mention health crisis then the store. There is zero reason to visit a store especially now. Online orderiny exists. Walmart even has an upgrade offer online for both ATT and Verizon customers as upgrades for a 2020 SE at 199.

5) Comparing Verizon to other carriers for the average number of lines on autopay isn't much different in price. Do the math instead of listening to marketing hype of Verizon being that much more expensive. I myself pay $40 for my part of the bill and have unlimited talk, text and data.

Tigerstep

@les0406 

Asurion covers all carriers and is optional. That's on you the customer if you're paying $15 a month. All carriers also charge upgrade fees. Buy an unlocked phone instead of a carrier model of you don't want upgrade fees.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, les0406. We're very sorry to hear about the concerns that you have related to upgrade fees and our insurance features. We do appreciate you as a customer and it would sadden us to see you go because of these reasons. An upgrade fee is a one time fee for upgrading to a new device to help with investing in our network to ensure that it is always at its best for all of our customers. We understand that having to pay a deductible when submitting a claim to Asurion (our insurance provider) is not always the best news to hear for a consumer, however, it certainly is a much lower price than having to pay for a new device at the full retail price. Please understand that other cellular service providers also have upgrade fees and use Asurion as their insurance provider. BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Novice

R9-

Many of the posters to these threads are not "pro-customer" and will stand up for Verizon all day long!  That's too bad...

More often than not, Verizon "will reverse upgrade fees";  if the first person you talk to says "no", ask for their manager.  Verizon does this all the time... and why not??? - - You're a good customer!

Secondly re: Asurion Insurance.  My recommendation:  drop the "Tech Coach" which brings your fee down to $11/month.  You will still be covered by Verizon Tech Support which is excellent, if not better than Tech Coach.  - -  If you're not concerned with "warranty issues", you can further drop your insurance fee per phone down to $6.85 per month... This covers loss, theft or damage, but of course if you have a claim, you need to pay the deductible, whatever that happens to be.

If you decide you want the "extended warranty protection" that costs $11 per month;  if there is a "warranty issue", you do NOT pay any deductible for a replacement phone.

0 Likes