Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon drained my bank account
VerizonDevotee

Twenty years and three months are how long I have been a customer of Verizon. I am so frustrated, and I have no place to vent, so here I am. I didn't want to vent with the customer care person on the phone. It's not their fault, and they won't pass the line to their supervisor, which is weird, so here I am.

My phone had a problem, so I went to the Verizon store, and because it was under warranty, they ordered a replacement.  I went home, waited and the next day not one, but two new replacement phones arrived.  The phones both came in their own box with a return label that I was instructed to stick to the box and place the old one in to ship back.  I thought I could save Verizon on shipping costs, so I called them, told them I got two phones and asked if I could send the extra new phone back with the old phone in the same box.  I was told I could, so I did.  I kept the tracking number and took notes because I didn't want a charge for an extra phone.

Twentyfour days later, I received a text saying my return phone had not been received and I would be charged.  I picked up the phone, waited a ridiculous amount of time on hold, and spoke with a customer care representative, who confirmed receipt of both phones and assured me she would clear up my account.  Eleven days later, I received another text from Verizon saying my return phone had not been received and I would be charged.  Again I picked up the phone, waited a ridiculous amount of time on hold, and spoke with a customer care representative, who again confirmed receipt of both phones and assured me my account would get cleared.   Of course, I took detailed notes, got the receipt numbers of each phone, and assumed everything would work itself out.  Three weeks later, my bank account was charged over $1800 by Verizon. 

Again I picked up the phone, waited a ridiculous amount of time on hold, and finely spoke with a customer care representative.  At this point in time, I was pretty upset, but I acknowledged it was not the fault of the person with whom I spoke on the phone.  I even told her I was not mad at her personally.  We went through the customer care dance, and it ended with her promising me the money would be reinstated into my account within 24-hours.  She would call me the next day to confirm I would get my money.  The next day arrived, no phone call, no money in my account.  For the next few days, I was tied up with work and family, and knowing how excruciatingly long it takes to get through to a human, I waited four days to call back when I had plenty of time to give the matter my attention.  Still no money in my account and not a peep out of Verizon.  Not one single person has bothered to pick the phone and call.  Meanwhile, my bank account is empty, and I have bills due. 

Today I spoke with a Verizon representative on the phone after, yes, an excruciatingly long wait on hold.  I waited on hold because once during this process, I tried the "we'll call you back" method, and they never called me back.  Again I assured this new person that my frustration was not directed towards them, and I provided her a complete account of my situation.  After it obviously took a long period of time for her to arrive at an understanding of my situation, she spoke to the powers above and discovered my account wouldn't receive reimbursement for 10-days.  She explained when electronic funds are debited, it takes that long for the money to clear.

I consider myself a patient individual, but I have lost mine.  Verizon emptied my bank account, recognized their mistake, and has shown absolutely no concern.  I am just a phone number to them.