Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon failed to ship 5G internet gateway to my home address
Usernameson

I subscribed to Verizon 5G Home Internet service, but Verizon shipped the 5G Gateway to the wrong address (they forgot to add the apartment number).

UPS says I cannot correct the address, only Verizon can.

Verizon opened a ticket (*****) but nothing happened after that. 

My first impression of Verizon is awful.

If there are Verizon employees reading this, could you please send the 5G gateway to the correct address?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon failed to ship 5G internet gateway to my home address
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are very sad to learn of your experience when ordering a new device and service with us, Usernameson. We deeply apologize, but we would need to receive the package back first before we can send another device to the correct address. 

Hearing that you had a ticket number would point to us already making a request to UPS to update the address. Unfortunitely we can only request that they update the address for delivery, it is up to them to either make the change or deny it.

Please contact us once the tracking number shows that we received the device back, we would be more than happy to send it once again.

-Steven

0 Likes
Usernameson

Hi,

Unfortunitely we can only request that they update the address for delivery, it is up to them to either make the change or deny it.

Great, can you please request it then? Because UPS says they have received no request to update the address. I was supposed to have received this thing on 12/24. The way this is going, I do not believe I will receive this before the 2nd or 3rd week of January. We both know that I will likely be charged for the service before receiving the equipment as well, even though Verizon will assure me that won; t ever happen. So it would be good to at least receive the equipment. I mean, it's the very minimum. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Usernameson, Hey there, I want to sincerely apologize for the awful taste we put in your mouth to start off what should be a great relationship.  We will get this turned around.  When it comes to any possible charges we will look into that when you get your first bill and are able to get the device activated.  One way I know UPS has for shipments is you can pick the device up from their local distribution center.  I have to do that everytime I upgrade because I am at work on days I get the devices.  When you had the order completed did they have the street address correct and not just add the apartment number?-Santo

0 Likes
Usernameson

UPS doesn't allow me to update the delivery address, only the sender can do it. Verizon attempted to update the address, clearly didn't work. After a few chats with Verizon and UPS support, the "solution" was UPS returning the package to sender while Verizon had the order canceled.

I'll now have to place a new order. When doing so, Verizon's website omits the apartment number in the service address which is exactly what happened in the first place. I can't seem to edit the service address to include the apartment number so I'm very sure this 'unable to deliver' issue will happen again.

I guess it's impossible to purchase 5G Home Internet if one lives in an apartment?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is definitely strange, do you have a different address you can ship it to? For example, a family member, or something similar? Would this option work when used? *Gert

0 Likes
Usernameson

Well, just as I had predicted in my previous post. The equipment never arrived. Eventually, UPS returned it to Verizon (I have the confirmation).

Unsurprisingly, I just received my first bill for a service I was never able to even begin using! That's exactly what I said would happen. 

This is the worst company in the world. Every person working there should be ashamed. It's frankly embarrassing.

I will never, NEVER, buy anything from Verizon. If anyone lands here looking for info on Verizon 5G Internet service, please do anything else with your money. It's the worst company and the worst people in the world.

0 Likes
Usernameson

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

That is definitely strange, do you have a different address you can ship it to? For example, a family member, or something similar? Would this option work when used? *Gert

UPS, Fedex, USPS, Amazon, everyone delivers to my home every week. It's an apartment. In an urban area of Seattle. Apartments exists since the Romans. Only Verizon can't understand how apartments work.

0 Likes
Usernameson

Who can I write to in upper management regarding the 5G home internet service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want your equipment to arrive. Lets see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes