Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon gift cards. Is it a scam?
verzon

So, I ordered a gift card from my Verizon account and received an invalid card. I also bought one in store and it is also invalid. Upon searching I discovered that Verizon may have a very lucrative scam going on with tons of users receiving invalid gift cards and no customer service contact to take care of it.  I tried to contact chat, Twitter, customer support chat and 800 numbers are completely USELESS and give you a circular runaround that leads nowhere.

What are my options? Has anyone been able to actually resolve the issue?

0 Likes
Re: DO NOT BUY Verizon Gift cards!
verzon

So I spent COUNTLESS hours tryin to resolve the invalid gift card issue. It appear5s to be an elaborate scam. you order a gift card, they ship you an invalid one. You contact customer service and they bounce you around for hours, promising you to resolve the issue or dial another 800 number that is just as useless as the last agent. So after so much wasted time you are stuck with a useless cardboard card that you paid $100 for and they just won't help you.

Someone should start a class action lawsuit.

Re: Verizon gift cards. Is it a scam?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're concerned to hear of the trouble you're having attempting to use your gift cards. Let's investigate further. If you call the number on the back do you still hear the full balance of the card? Where exactly are you receiving an invalid message (site? app?).

Melissa_VZW. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon gift cards. Is it a scam?
verzon

LOL, nice pretense on your forum that you guys are willing to help me. I have already been through your Twitter "help" and it was a complete joke. No one helped me and I wasted an entire day trying to get Verizon to return the $100 they scammed me out of! You have my order number - knock yourselves out and fix it.