Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon has recently added super-security to their customer accts, that require verification EVERY time an acct is accessed.
KeithFrancis

I thought it was just me.  I had inadvertently "locked" my acct, through what Verizon saw as too many login attempts, and the "fix" per a contracted, overseas, tech support rep, was to "un-register" my acct, and re-register, which at face value seems like an extreme to resolve a login security issue.  Doubling down on this, my wife's phone acct also on mine had to be re-registered.  This in itself is a huge red-flag of unnecessary security.  

After getting registering, and learning from a rep, that once you register, you have to "navigate" through your online acct to several features so the "system" understand you're a live person, I thought everything was back to normal.  But EVERY time I tried to login online on my same computer, it would require me to "verify" through message sent to phone or email.  After verifying the message returned says "you have been given 'one time access' to your account?!"  Really?!  One time access after completing security verification.  This continued every time. So I'd call level 1 tech support and they would go through the scripted responses, and never figure it out.  O

Finally got through to Level 2 tech support, and was informed that Verizon recently changed their "security policy" so EVERYONE know has to verify.  And I ask why does this "verify procedure" often fail, and have to be repeated several times?  Probably because the system is being inundated with EVERY Verizon customer having to do this.  Am I the only one who feels this is "excessive" for a security issue?

My credit card and bank when I go online to my acct, often? all the time? require a security verify.  But this is my finances, tens of thousands of $.  But my mobile phone acct?  What's a typical security breach. . someone purchasing a Verizon phone or device or service?  This is excessive security, that's imposing on every day access to a mobile phone acct.  And while apparently many access via their phone MyVerizon app, not everyone uses their phone for online access to an acct.  Come on Verizon.  Get a clue, you may have some breaches of security, someone costing you a few hundred $, but adding this level of security and frustrating your customers when there are so many other mobile phone carriers available, may not be a good move?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has recently added super-security to their customer accts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand wanting to access your account right away. Please know the extra security measures are there to help stop fraudulent activity so you can continue to enjoy the service. We will also submit feedback regarding this as we are always looking to improve the experience. 

-Alex

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has recently added super-security to their customer accts, that require verification EVERY time an acct is accessed.
jav6

@KeithFrancis wrote:

.   .   .O

Finally got through to Level 2 tech support, and was informed that Verizon recently changed their "security policy" so EVERYONE know has to verify.  And I ask why does this "verify procedure" often fail, and have to be repeated several times?  Probably because the system is being inundated with EVERY Verizon customer having to do this.  Am I the only one who feels this is "excessive" for a security issue?

.   .   .

I just logged in to my Verizon account and was NOT presented with any new security policy questions, just my normal login going directly to my dashboard.

Maybe it is only when someone exceeds the limit of invalid password attempts that the 'new security policy' kicks in.  And how do you know it is a 'new security policy', unless you've often forgotten your password and get locked due to Verizon thinking it looks like a fraud attempt?

Have you checked your account security settings to see if there is a setting for enhanced security that got turned on requiring additional verification?

I have seen that 'one-time access' security code process occasionaly, when I access my account from a new device/browser/network that I hadn't used before and Verizon didn't recognize and have associated with my account (cookie?).

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Verizon has recently added super-security to their customer accts, that require verification EVERY time an acct is accessed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you blaming the guy being inconvenienced by the service he pays for?

What kind of Verizon PR shill are you?

Verizon login is a serious problem.

I have tried several devices and several browsers and it constantly times out in "verifying" process.

I should be able to access my account at a moments notice and not have to spend an hour every time I need to review it.

Further, this problem actually makes it difficult to pay the bill.

What is going on Verizon, why cant' you get your act together?

We just want normal access to our accounts.

I had to find an old link in the history of my laptop browser to log in the last time.  It worked like a charm.

Now I can't get in at all!

Hello! I'd like to review my bill you stupid morons, wake up!!

0 Likes
jav6

I'm not blaming anyone, just offering my perspective.  I (and probably others) don't experience the issue the OP describes.  This appears to be a sporadic individual account/user issue and NOT an across-the-board issue.

You don't need to be insulting in your posts if you want/expect someone to help.  Show a little restraint and be decent in your posts.  It's not that hard and probably required in our Forum's policies.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Verizon has recently added super-security to their customer accts,
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, wfk3rd. We know how important it is for our customers to have access to their accounts. We are going to send you a Private Note to assist you further with accessing your account. 

*Cassie

0 Likes