Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon has zero customer service. They are trying to steal from me.
ML0904

Hello, I have a been a Verizon customer for more than 11 years. I've never had a problem with Verizon in those 11 years up until November 2021 when I started having issues on multiple overcharges on my account. To summarize, Verizon has not been accountable for things they promised. I have been lied to by their customer service staff and NEVER RECEIVE FOLLOW-UP FROM MANAGEMENT. 

I'm a San Diego, CA resident that traveled to Mexico City for vacation in November 2021. When in Mexico, I was having issues with my data, so I called Verizon to find a temporary solution to receive 4G LTE data speeds. They recommended that I add a temporary international plan for $100 and to cancel the international plan as soon as I came back from Mexico. I did that. I called Verizon immediately after my return from Mexico in mid-November. The representative on the phone confirmed I cancelled the service. 

Since then, I have received a $100 international plan charge on my account every month since November 2021. I have spent countless hours on the phone every month requesting that this plan be removed immediately from my account. Every time I call, the representative confirms cancellation and requests a credit. I'm now in MONTH 4 OF BEING OVERCHARGED. The several last calls to Verizon Customer Service were taken by a supervisor. The supervisor is Brad (Employee ID 2235246). He promised that I would be received credit for the overcharge and that Verizon would be giving me a convenience credit. That was obviously a lie because I never received the credit even after Brad promised I would see it on my account 3 days after our call. I'm not sure if he was lying or what happened, but when I called Verizon 1.5 weeks later and spoke to Michael (employee ID 113574), he mentioned the call with Brad was never documented in my account. Michael also mentioned he didn't see a pending credit. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT? I have a customer service supervisor lying to me and not being accountable.  This has been going on for 4 months. I've spent hours on the phone with Verizon. I have a very high demanding job, and the last thing that I want to do is spend my leisure time correcting a problem for Verizon. 

What I'm learning with Verizon Customer Service is that there is no accountability, quality control, or client-centric approach. They have even threated to send me to collections for a past due bill that I was not responsible for. I have emails from Verizon letting me know that. At this point, I don't know what I should do. I still have a $100 international plan charge on my account and absolutely do not trust Verizon reps. 

I am requesting that a supervisor from Verizon contact me ASAP and have a resolution for my account. I want my line credited money that I do not owe. I also want a convenience credit in the next 4 billing cycles for the past 4 months that I've been dealing with this. The convenience credit should be $117.99 for my plan every month for the next 4 months. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon has zero customer service. They are trying to steal from me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, ML0904. We appreciate you sharing all of these details on your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear about the experience you've had when reaching out for support regarding your international plan inquiry. We completely understand how frustrating this can be and we definitely want to make sure that this is taken care of correctly. Please send us a private message so that we can assist further. Thank you. 

-Brett

0 Likes