Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon is confusing me
chipset35

ok, so I just cancelled one of my two phone lines because I could not find a phone on Verisons website and the more I spoke to customer service the more angry I got.

Everytime Verizon Reps say "Free" they go on to explain all the addition charges...why?

ok, so I cancel my one of two lines and gave up. Today I receive an email offerin a FREE Samsung a10e:

Upgrade to Galaxy A10e for
$0
/mo.*

For 24 months 0% APR.

So I click on it to get the deal.

Here is what it says NOW in my cart:

Monthly Device payment

You'll see the first installment in your next billing cycle. For 24 months, 0% APR.Retail Price: $179.99

$7.49
You will see a $7.49 monthly device payment on your bill, and a $7.49 monthly promo credit in 1-2 billing cycles. This ends when the balance is fully paid, or if the line is terminated or transferred. If your credit takes 2 cycles to appear, You will see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month's credit.

Subtotal
$0.00
Estimated sales tax

for Williamsburg, VA

$10.80
Employee monthly savings:
$29.75
Due today
$10.80
Due monthly*
$20.00
*The monthly order total is the amount that will appear on your bill, before taxes and fees, and only reflects the device and service costs related to today's order. This is in addition to any other lines and features for which you subscribe.
Amount shown reflects applied trade-in/promo credit.

This is not free! It says I am paying $7.49 each month.
and even WORSE, where is the new line I selected?
In fact, instead of only going up, per the same page: 
Current bill

$55.08

Est new bill

$79.77

When I go to "Details", I see this:

Your current
monthly bill

$55.08

Your new estimated
monthly bill

$79.77

Total estimate of next bill: $110.53

What kind of false advertising is Verizon trying to pull?

Re: Verizon is confusing me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I would be more than happy to clear up any confusion regarding this promotion. You will receive a monthly bill credit for the charge of the device. As shown above 'You will see a $7.49 monthly device payment on your bill, and a $7.49 monthly promo credit in 1-2 billing cycles'. There are guidelines that need to be met in order to qualify for this deal. In order to ensure that all guidelines are met then we offer a bill in credit for the device. But with this credit the phone is still free. Does this information help to explain the bill in credit for this promotion?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@chipset35 wrote:

ok, so I just cancelled one of my two phone lines because I could not find a phone on Verisons website and the more I spoke to customer service the more angry I got.

Everytime Verizon Reps say "Free" they go on to explain all the addition charges...why?

ok, so I cancel my one of two lines and gave up. Today I receive an email offerin a FREE Samsung a10e:

Upgrade to Galaxy A10e for
$0
/mo.*

For 24 months 0% APR.

So I click on it to get the deal.

Here is what it says NOW in my cart:

Monthly Device payment

You'll see the first installment in your next billing cycle. For 24 months, 0% APR.Retail Price: $179.99

$7.49
You will see a $7.49 monthly device payment on your bill, and a $7.49 monthly promo credit in 1-2 billing cycles. This ends when the balance is fully paid, or if the line is terminated or transferred. If your credit takes 2 cycles to appear, You will see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month's credit.

Subtotal
$0.00
Estimated sales tax

for Williamsburg, VA

$10.80
Employee monthly savings:
$29.75
Due today
$10.80
Due monthly*
$20.00
*The monthly order total is the amount that will appear on your bill, before taxes and fees, and only reflects the device and service costs related to today's order. This is in addition to any other lines and features for which you subscribe.
Amount shown reflects applied trade-in/promo credit.

This is not free! It says I am paying $7.49 each month.
and even WORSE, where is the new line I selected?
In fact, instead of only going up, per the same page: 
Current bill

$55.08

Est new bill

$79.77

Your current
monthly bill

$55.08

Your new estimated
monthly bill

$79.77

The phone is free as long as you add a new line, and pay for SERVICE.   That's why you're seeing an increase in your bill. You would be back to paying for two lines instead of one.

The installment will be credited every month by Verizon, possibly not till the second or third month and then they will credit you for installments already paid. The phone is free as long as you pay out the full 24 months.   You do pay sales tax up front.

Phone deals are not to save Us money.   They are to add new lines of service, increase business, and so the carrier makes a profit off of service (which is Verizon PRODUCT, not the phone)  

chipset35

But why then is my bill doubling?

Current bill

$55.08

Est new bill

$79.77

Your current
monthly bill

$55.08

Your new estimated
monthly bill

$79.77

0 Likes
chipset35

Here is the deal:

Regardless of whether I add a new line to my plan when it had one line.

Or upgrade my existing line, when I already had two lines, I end up going from $55-$75 a month to $110.

Thats fraud, because the phone is supposed to be free if I add a line.

And when I add 1 line to my 1 line plan which used to be 2 lines, as I cancelled it last week, as Verizon requests to get the free phone I still get billed $110 compared to $79, when I had my 2 lines and iphone.

If this was not fraud, I should be able to cancel my 1 line, get the phone as stated for free by adding a 2nd line.

But, no Verizon always figures out a way to make it go from $79 to $110.

And cant even explain that to me.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@chipset35 wrote:

Here is the deal:

Regardless of whether I add a new line to my plan when it had one line.

Or upgrade my existing line, when I already had two lines, I end up going from $55-$75 a month to $110.

Thats fraud, because the phone is supposed to be free if I add a line.

And when I add 1 line to my 1 line plan which used to be 2 lines, as I cancelled it last week, as Verizon requests to get the free phone I still get billed $110 compared to $79, when I had my 2 lines and iphone.

If this was not fraud, I should be able to cancel my 1 line, get the phone as stated for free by adding a 2nd line.

But, no Verizon always figures out a way to make it go from $79 to $110.

And cant even explain that to me.

You added a new line so you're being charged an activation fee,  you are also being charged for another line, so that doubles your line fee and doubles the taxes.    And you're also still being charged for the $7.49 installment..   

'So 20 + 20 + 7.49 + taxes.   I'm ballparking, but those easily add up to almost $50 on top of your 55 single line.  
READ the bill.   

0 Likes