Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon lost my trade in
mcjohonson82

I switched to Verizon in November because of their trade-in offer.  Once I received my phone, I followed all of the directions for trading in my old phone.  I sent it in December 6.  UPS has proof of delivery on December 8, 2021.  My trade in status from Verizon website still states that the trade-in has not being received.  Now I getting emails telling me to submit my phone!  I have called Verizon and talked to 3-4 different representatives.  They acknowledge and have "put a note" in my file saying that UPS did in fact deliver my phone to Verizon.  They also give me a phone number for the trade-in department.  The trade-in department phone tree doesn't actually allow you to speak with a real person....I tried every possible combination of numbers to get to an operator.  I have no credits on my account.  I do not see any forthcoming either.  The representatives keep telling me to be patient.  Well - UPS keeps my tracking information for 120 days only and that is the only proof that Verizon has that my phone arrived!

Re: Verizon lost my trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
You certainly have been put through the wringer, mcjohonson82. During those calls into customer service has a ticket number been shared? The reason behind asking is that a ticket can be issued that directs the warehouse to look for a particular device id (IMEI).

-David

0 Likes
mcjohonson82

It was not until coming to these boards and seeing other people with this experience that I began asking the right questions when I was able to speak with a real person.  Initially, I was directed to call the trade-in department and initiate a ticket with them.  It was only the second person I talked to who gave me the hours the department is open.  After attempting to find a way through the trade-in department's phone tree, I concluded that hours of operation do not matter as there is no combination of numbers that can be pushed that will result in being connected to a live person.  Having given up that avenue once again, I initiated a chat on the website for the third time.  After receiving the same number for the trade-in department and explaining that they never answer the phone, I was given a different phone number to call.  After an hour on hold, I was able to speak with someone who proved to be very sympathetic, able to initiate a ticket with the trade-in department (which I now know to ask for), who verified that UPS did deliver my package to Verizon, that Verizon has no log of it being received, and is initiating a process to ave my account credited.   He also said that he would check in with me next week with updates on everything.  Ultimately, I have spent 12 hours this month trying to get this far, and I finally (fingers crossed) have hope for a resolution.  

0 Likes
Arch76

Can you post the number please. I can’t even get that far. Thanks 

lomicster

I am in tje sane situation. Could you please share the second phone number for Trade-in department?

0 Likes
Re: 3232177028
mcjohonson82

The customer service number is 1-800-922-0204.

Don't bother with the website, chat functions, or email numbers they provide, it just goes to the sales department and they cannot do anything.  The trade in department is 1-800-416-8894 and I tried every possible combination of numbers and never got to a live person, so I would not try their either.  

0 Likes
mcjohonson82

The customer service number is 1-800-922-0204.

0 Likes