Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon messes up again
macroomboy

Check in this morning about up grading the kids 2 x iphone 8s to 13s, Logged into my account clicked on devices, picked the device and clicked upgrade, and trade in, Went thru the list and picked iphone 8, It said i was eligible for $789.99 for the 8 which is amazing, I did it again with the other account just to be sure and it said the same thing, I called the kids down, asked them which color and clicked continue, Boom! the price changed to $12.22 for 36 months, I went back and tried again, same result, It says $0.27 per month when you trade in iphone 8, but when you try to check out it says $12.22

I now have 2 very upset kids, thanks again Verizon, bait and switch is a bit low for a company your size

PS, I tried it again just to be sure , same result

0 Likes
Re: Verizon messes up again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's work together and make sure you are able to get those new device at the best price. We are here to help. The trade value can change depending on the device model and storage. Is this happening for both lines? Which iPhone 13 are you selecting?

~Gina

0 Likes
macroomboy

Yes, happening for both lines , Iphone 13 128gb, says $0.27  256gb says $3.02

0 Likes
macroomboy

Screenshot (1).png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We see. At this time, we've sent a Private Note. Please meet us there to continue. 

~Gina

0 Likes
macroomboy

Just to update the community, I was basically told that the website, does not say what it says, when I sent them a screen shot of what it says, I was told I was on the wrong plan for the promotion, (even though last time I did this as you go thru the process it asks you to agree to the new plan) When I asked if I would get the promotion if I upgraded the plans on both phones, I was told that Yes I would, Being a little suspicious I questioned it further and was later told that If i upgraded the plan I would not qualify for the promotion, This is a classic bait and Switch, Caveat Emptor

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for confirming. Do you have an iPhone 8 to trade on both lines? If so, please confirm the storage, and other specs. Are the old phones in working condition? Share some details.

-Gina

0 Likes