Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon not upholding the agreed upon price
BornTrucker

In January a chat agent told me (I have the transcript) I could switch my 2 line plan from shared 8GB to 5G Do More. I also decided to purchase a new phone that would allow me to use the 5G.

Two different agents confirmed I would pay the same price, $45/line with a $25/line loyalty discount. I've been contacting verizon occasionally via chat because I still haven't seen credits and it's been over 3 months. Today I'm being told that what they told me was wrong and that the plan costs more.

That is not what I agreed to and I refuse to accept verizon lying to me and pulling a bait and switch. 

I'm not sure the path forward here but if necessary I'm going to take this to small claims court as this is fraud. Has anyone had luck holding verizon to what they were promised when verizon goes back on their word?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon not upholding the agreed upon price
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We definitely understand your concern and we'll be happy to assist you. We've sent you a Private Message to continue helping you. Thank you very much!~Christian

0 Likes
BornTrucker

@vzw_customer_support This issue is still unresolved. I have submitted the chat log as requested, and sent two follow up private messages with no response. (the latest follow up email was moments ago)

I did receive a recurring credit on my account for an incorrect amount and I received partial credit for the overages I've been paying every month but it isn't the agreed up pricing still.

Will I ever receive a response? Will this ever get resolved? Is it time to start looking to AT&T?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure that we help you as much as I can. I do see that we did respond in a private message. Please meet me in the private message so we can further help you.

-Amber

0 Likes
BornTrucker

Well, after chatting with 5 verizon reps in a 7.5 hour chat session, still nothing has been resolved. I'm continually told I'm wrong, yet I have the proof that shows what was agreed upon. Verizon has offered a one time account credit which would have provided the agreed upon pricing for 9 months, however, I'm locked into a contract due to a phone purchase for 29 month which means I'll lose over $1000 over the course of the contract due to being lied to while signing the agreement.

So far, customer support has been consistent in telling me that this was a mistake, but they're not owning up to their mistake. They provided pricing, I agreed to it and now that I'm locked into a contract they are telling me the price that two separate support people told me was right, is wrong. Clearly something is very wrong with verizon customer support, whether they're not trained or intentionally lying, they need to uphold the agreements that are made. 

I've been a verizon customer for 18 years and verizon is showing me they'd rather make more money than to keep their word and a customer.

0 Likes
jacob_tueme80

Hello,

I have the same issue.

Nov 2021 sales rep conned me into switching over my five line from Sprint over to Verizon, big mistake...BIG MISTAKE.

I was given the total including taxes discounts and any extra fees monthly bill.  Verizon's first bill was almost $900 higher, haha what a mistake I made leaving Sprint.  Well it doesn't end here, this is just the beginning of a fraudulent exercise to attract new customers.

My promotion of $1,000 to pay-off outstanding fees to switch over, well its been 7 months and I haven't received 4 our out the 5 visa pre-paid cards and now Sprint has sent me to collections where its affecting my credit score all because the Verizon sales rep telling me "do not pay Sprint, we'll send you the visa pre-paid cards right away", yeah that was a bunch of B.S.!

Wait it gets better...Verizon loves talking to me because I believe I've logged more hours talking to them than my regular job.  I've called so many times within past months trying to fix my bill so it can come near what I was promised.  I've also called countless hours trying to get my visa rebate cards in with the proper amount as stated on the final Sprint bill but Verizon keeps declining the last bill.  Why, you ask...don't know if its the same bill used when I was approved only one of the lines, lol what a joke huh, yeah welcome to my nightmare!

Cellular service in Mexico $ucks, I had to use my fathers phone as hot-spot, funny part is that while I was with Sprint I didn't experience this, so another strike to Verizon.

I've never regret it anything so much as I do switching to Verizon and I've told friends and family NOT to think about coming to them.

BornTrucker

@jacob_tueme80 I'm sorry to hear your having a terrible time with them as well. I can tell after talking to many employees and posting online that this is the Verizon way. I posted on verizon's page on reddit and was continually told this is my fault, that I shouldn't trust their sales reps and that they're allowed to lie and nothing they say needs to be true. I'm not sure what kind of business can operate this way but how am I supposed to ever make a change if I have to assume their reps are lying all the time?

This experience has been truly terrible.

The latest kicker, I was originally told that the $25 loyalty credit is per plan, not per line as I was told by 2 reps when I agreed to the change. Now they're telling me there is no loyalty credit at all. It's wild. How can a company constantly lie to customers and have no repercussions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, BornTrucker. Your satisfaction and promotions' accuracy are top priorities for us, and we want to explore options for you as we want you to have a great experience. 

Please share specific details of the promotion in question, and we can review this further. 

-Antonio

0 Likes
BornTrucker

Here is the relevant portions of the discussion with the sales agents. I've sent the entire transcript in at least 5 times now as well as to the FCC.

20:18, Jan 12
Shyasmin: You have a loyalty offer . Special offer for select customers. For 2-3 phone lines, get $25/month off the Mix & Match plans Start, Play, Do, and Get More UNL. Customers can now enjoy all the benefits these plans offer, including the ability to Mix & Match plans. Note: Accepting the offer moves all lines at a minimum to Start UNL. From there, the discount stays on the account as long as all lines remain on the Mix & Match plans.
20:20, Jan 12
You: Is that $25 discount per line or total?
20:20, Jan 12
Shyasmin: Per line
20:22, Jan 12
You: So I could get the 50 Do More plan for the same price I'm paying today?
20:23, Jan 12
Shyasrnin: Correct!
20:28, Jan 12
You: Are there any downsides to making the switch?
20:30, Jan 12
Shyasmin: There are no down side, no hidden fees.

We were disconnected and I was assigned a new rep:

21:56, Jan 12
You: I'd like to upgrade to the 5G do more plan for both lines if with the discounted rate, I can get the same price as I'm paying now
21 :57, Jan 12
Kyle: Should get a text soon)
21 :57, Jan 12
You: I just got it
21 :58, Jan 12
Kyle: Ok thank you.
22:01, Jan 12
Kyle: There will be an increase if you change your plan. $70.0/mo 5G DO MORE
22:01, Jan 12
You: The last agent said I would get a $25/line credit for loyalty, is that not the case?
22:03, Jan 12
Kyle: Yes that is correct.
Kyle: I was not seeing it Joi, sorry about that.
You: no worries!
22:04, Jan 12
Kyle: Ok, so yes that would be correct.
22:05, Jan 12
You: ok great, lets make the change for both lines on my account

0 Likes
BornTrucker

I received a call from the executive team. They offered one year at the price I agreed to and $10/month more indefinitely after that. Overall this has been a terrible experience and I wouldn't recommend verizon to anyone if they have any other choice. Verizon is knowingly scamming customers and doing nothing about it because they're making more money in doing so. 

If you're reading this as a prospective verizon customer, go anywhere else.

0 Likes