Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon overcharging...AGAIN??
dr_robin23

May months ago I had issues with Verizon CONSTANTLY saying I went 4 and 5 GB of data over my unlimited plan and am being charged $45+ in overages. I called, mentioned the class action lawsuit I was invited to be a part of and miraculously the issue was resolved. Now it's happening again. I just received another message (maybe 5th month in a row) that I have 10%  data left and I'm going to be charged. My billing cycle switches on the 19th of the month...I believe Verizon is still engaging in unfair and unethical billing practices and I'm sick of it. Anyone else having this problem? Recourse??

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon overcharging...AGAIN??
lukevinyl

What plan are you actually on??

You said you were previously on an unlimited plan, which has no overages.

You also said you now got an alert that you have 10% remaining which would mean you are not on an unlimited plan and have a data allowance which, does legitimately have overage charges if you go over it (10% remaining means you haven't gone over yet but will be charged if you do go over).

Would you clarify?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

dr.robin23,

Extra data charges are never fun and never something I'd want to deal with either. I completely understand being concerned to see the data increase on your account. We have many tools available to help you see what is using your data and help manage it such as our data utilization tool. http://vz.to/2dIPuKe

I'd love to look into this more though as there should be no charges for going over data if you're on an unlimited plan. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when possible so we can get more details and fully assist you.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dr_robin23

It's unlimited talk/txt with 20GB "anytime" minutes-so not unlimited data. They claim that my son's background apps are eating up data but that's hard to believe since he's at school all day and is on school's wireless. Not to mention that this particular month, he was out of school for a week for Thanksgiving-at home the whole time and on our internet at home. I've had this same plan since I got with Verizon 'back in the day.'

Juliedidit

I just signed up and I am so very confused and distressed at how high my bill is! The numbers do not even add up to what they are charging me! I am very upset. I sat down added up every little number (fees taxes origonal charges) and literally the numbers are over $200 different. I used a calculator. I need this fixed.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

The bill is completely itemized...what exactly are you adding up?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Welcome to the Verizon Wireless family! I know unexpected charges can be alarming and I'm here to help, let's look into this. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes