Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon overcharging and not paying back
chuzoneill

Has anyone else had a problem with Verizon overcharging? 

For many months there was a hidden charge on my account resulting in hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars overpaid without me knowing. 

After weeks of going between different support teams they admitted they had made a mistake and said they would pay me back. 

But... instead of getting the money back they took another $1000 from my bank account. 

I have raised multiple service requests since but cannot get a straight answer on when I will get my money back, yet they continue to happily charge me each month. 

I wish I had never joined Verizon. My trust in this company is zero. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon overcharging and not paying back
acraftylady2

Curious, what was the hidden charge for?  My bill has been the same for 20yrs give or take a few cents because of taxes.  If it ever jumped up higher I would look at the detailed bill to see whats going in.  Mary

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

chuzoneill, 

We definitely don't want this to be an ongoing problem. Did you have a chance to review the itemized detailed charges for your plan online at My Verizon? What are you being overcharged for?  https://secure.verizon.com/vzauth/UI/Login 

That's a lot of money to unexpectedly come out of your account. Did you set up your account for Automatic Payment? https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/

-Lasina

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We understand how important it is to understand the charges you are billed, and we will be thrilled to review your billing with you. To do so, please send us a Private Note for assistance.

*Angel

0 Likes
mama23dogs

I read my bills every month. And I don’t mean just my Verizon bill I mean my credit card bill my Internet bill my bank statements, etc.

So it’s not possible for anything to be ‘hidden’ on a bill you read.  
The bills are very detailed. What was the charge for? Verizon has the most generous dispute time in the industry, giving you 180 days to dispute a charge.  T-Mobile gives you 60 days and AT&T only 100 days.  
any charges before the day of complaints are not going to be refunded and they don’t have to. You have one bill from Verizon, it was your job to read it and catch errors/mistakes.

by the way this is in your customer agreement. (You were supposed to read that too)

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Verizon-Customer-Agreement-Int-TV-Voice-Prepaid-03...

laddcap

If you are referring to the hidden "administrative charge" of $1.95 per month per device,  that is for Verizon profit. There are other non-government taxes with odd names that might also be going straight into Verizon coffers.

As with ATT, that $1.95 number is not included in the low price per line advertised.  ATT charges $1.99 per line per month, and is currently the defendant in a class action lawsuit.

That being said, I am sure that fine print will state that $30 (or whatever) per line per month does not include taxes and FEES.  I am pretty sure the subscriber agreement also obligates us to pay.

Is it sleazy?  Of course.  Would you still use VZ if you knew you knew in advance that you had to pay $32 instead of $30. Of course!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

laddcap, help is here as we never want you to believe we have hidden charges. The administrative charge is a charge that recovers some of the administrative expenses and costs of complying with regulatory requirements we incur. These charges include but are not limited to paying local telephone companies for delivering calls from Verizon customers to their customers and other regulatory obligations. For more information, please see the link below. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/surcharges/

-Natasha

0 Likes
chuzoneill

It says "Account Charges". Nothing else. 

Yes of course it's automatic payment. 

Whenever I raise a service request you are unable to help. I have written communication you owe me $1400 and you will pay me back but it never happens. 

Every time I call/raise a request your support reps are starting from zero and I have to spend over an hour explaining what has happened. 

0 Likes
chuzoneill

"Account Charges"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for confirming. We definitely want to make sure that we address all of your billing concerns. Are you able to send us a screenshot of the charges that you are seeing? Please be on the lookout for a Private Message from us. ~Roger

0 Likes