Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon put a Collections on my #Credit Report and Im a 9 year current Customer and they refuse to remove it!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
TRE1965

I was horrified to find  a collections from Verizon on my spotless credit report, it brought my score from the mid 800s to low 700s! 

Ive spent countless hours on the phone with them trying to resolve this!!!!  No one seems to care about their mistakes / fraudulent practices that led to this!!!!  

I had beed a customer for 8 years, when I went to their corporate store ONLY to add my mom to my plan.  Thats it!!!!  Unbeknownst to me the sales agent closed my account and opened a NEW one without my consent.  This was to get credit for opening a New account!!! All go my 8 year history was erased.  Ive experienced fraud from several sales agents in the past...but only adding device protection when I tell them I do not want it!! But never that this guy did....closing and opening accounts in my name without my authorization.   

Im on auto pay...so needless to say there was a balance of $157 left on the account that was closed. Collections did call......but i was suspicious because I was on autopay and my account was current. I decided to call verizon and check.  I spoke with a billing agent and was assured I had nothing in collections.  I called back and spoke with a different agent just to be sure.  Agent said same thing, that I owed no balance and nothing was in collections. Collections called again, and I asked them to hold on...I called Verizon and put us all on 3 way.  They spoke to one another and once again Verizon billing told me there is no record of me owing a balance.  I let it go at that....after speaking to 3 verizon billing agents, I figured this was one of those unscrupulous calls trying to get money.  

Forward wind a few months....there is now a collections on my account!!!  Needless to say I'm beyond frustrated.  Ive been a loyal and good paying customer for 9 years and Verizon does this to me....ruins my credit that I worked years to build.   I was told by countless agents that there is nothing that can be done.  Collections said if I paid it would still remain and they do not do a pay for delete.   I cried, but didn't give up.  I finally reached out to  fraud and was promised they would take care of everything and would get a call on the 16hth. The 16th came and went and no call. I called back and gave them my ticket number and got an agent in customer service and they said there is nothing that can be done.  I needed to dispute it.  I feel so wronged. But I will not give up.    I will have to also contact the FTC and file a complaint.  Verizon wronged me and can care less, but I will get it done.  I will never give up.  Its just so frustrating that I have to spend time on something they did wrong!   

0 Likes