Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon reps lied about 400 dollar rebate
Mcperry

I switched from ATT on Black Friday. I was told that for switching during the promotion I would receive two rebates. One, a 300 dollar credit to my account that would be applied throughout my contract, the other a 400 dollar prepaid master card. I hadn’t planned on switching that day but with it being such a short promotion I went for it. 

i was told I didn’t need to do anything for either rebate. That the 300 was already applied and I would receive the 400 prepaid MasterCard in the mail in 6-8 weeks. 

6 weeks later I called to check the status. I was told it was never submitted. The supervisor put it in manually for me, but I had to wait another 6-8 weeks. I wasn’t happy but at least it was taken care of. 

6 weeks later my rebate was marked invalidated. It was invalidated because I didn’t keep the same phone number from my previous provider. I was never told I had to keep the same number. I moved states and didn’t think it even mattered. I called again and was told there was nothing that could be done, that I could go back to the store and see what they could do or pay off my phone and the contract cancellation fees if I didn’t want to stay with Verizon. I wouldn’t even have this phone or contract if they had told me from the beginning. 

Looking through this forum it seems a common issue. This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. 

Re: Verizon reps lied about 400 dollar rebate
Tigerstep

The purpose of porting in is to keep your number, otherwise you'd just sign up for service with new one.

0 Likes
princejaytham

This is incredibly similar to what has happened to me. Have you received word from Verizon or gotten your rebate? I was promised a Mastercard rebate and I have only received a Verizon egift card. I was also told I would not have to apply for the rebate on my own. I am worried that I will never see the money now.

0 Likes
Mbross5690

I am currently on hold for 59 minutes with a similar problem. I ordered an iPhone12 last month with their "trade-in any phone" rebate offer. Couldn't do it on line and had to do it on a chat. Chat offered a fantastic rebate on my old iPhone 6+. Didn't get the return box, and now they have no idea what I am talking about. Would not have purchased the phone without the rebate on my old phone.

Not sure if it is Verizon plan to bait and switch or just incompetence.

T-Mobile has got to be better than this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We never want to see you go, Mbross5690. I can help you figure out your promotion and get you started to get your trade in submitted. When did you get your device? What trade in amount were you told you were going to get for your device?
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes