Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon retail store charged me $200 helping me to get a new phone.
HYOLEE30

Hi all.

I have been 10+ years with Verizon. I visited the retail store today to upgrade my 3 year old windows phone to Iphone 7. it was my mistake that I didn't check the whole receipt.  I bought iphone 7 128GB at $750 (  it is being financed by verizon I didn't pay it upfront, which is okay )

but the store charged me about $200 on top of the phone7 retail price

USB chargeg $25 

charging cable $35

screen cover $50

phone case $35

setup and go plus $20

tax $70

non of them are really necessary and the sales man gave me impression that I am getting it for free.  but I realize it now that it is not free. is it normally what they do at retail store?  ( it is san diego valley center store). I am considering return them all ( with restocking fee of $70) and say good bye to Verizon?    is this how retail store make money?  I am willing to pay their service for helping me to get a new phone and choose a plan. but pay $200 for 15min service is too much.  what is normal charges when you get phones in verizon stores? 

Kyle

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon retail store  charged me $200 helping me to get a new phone.
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The $20 upgrade fee is accurate. The taxes are likely right as you are charged the taxes at the time of the purchase. Did you walk out of the store with those accessories?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon retail store charged me $200 helping me to get a new phone.
Weth
Sr. Leader

Sales pushing sales? of course.  Either say no, or shop on line and get none of the pressure tactics. 

0 Likes
HYOLEE30

Yes, I took them home. I only check the receipt at home. I tried refund them but the sales rep was talking about restocking fee $70. I just came home to get right information first. I believe I should be able to  keep the phone and refund the accessories only, right?

Or may be I'll refund them and bite the fee. I am considering google fi project service. I can't just believe they could do that.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Novice

Do you usually not read your receipts when you make purchasea? 

VZW has a 14 day return. Go back to store, return it with no restocking fee!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You should always receive accurate information so you can make the decision that's best for you, HYOLEE30. We certainly don't want you to consider leaving. There is no restocking fee for accessories, and unopened accessories can be returned within the 14 day return period. Devices would be subject to a restocking fee of $35.00. I have submitted feedback on the San Diego Valley store for your experience. Did you have any additional questions we can assist with?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Unopened accessories, huh? Well the case and screen cover can't be returned then.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Novice

I know at the store that I purchased from, they said that I could try out, use the accessories and if I don't like them, I can return within 14 days for 100% refund.  So not sure why they say "unopened"

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Hardly a surprise.  Most retail stores make a big profit on the extras.  Aside from sales tax and upgrade fee, the rest is optional purchases.  The only restock fee would be on the phone. 

this is why I don't buy carrier phones and buy cases on Amazon.

0 Likes