Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Subscription. No Live TV or Other Add-ons Allowed
Jcal1

It appears that Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) restricts the Hulu account to only Hulu or Hulu (no ads). That means that features/add-ons that exist to all other Hulu subscribers such as Live TV, Cloud DVR, Entertainment Add-ons, and others are not available to subscribe to even though you pay for them separately.

I was told this after about 20+ hours of calls with Verizon, Hulu, and Disney+ support reps who were unable to activate the Hulu portion of my Disney Bundle because I pay for Hulu Live TV.

I would appreciate if Verizon would confirm this. It would be unfortunate that Verizon would advertise a service offering without explaining that it comes with considerable restrictions that influence the purchase of services. I feel duped. 

Has anyone else with a pre-existing Hulu with Live TV accounts had any success with Verizon's Disney Bundle without having to sacrifice the Live TV feature?

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Subscription. No Live TV
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jcal1, we are disheartened to learn that you have had to spend so much time with this issue, but we want to ensure you have the confirmation that you need today in regard to the Hulu+ live TV with the Disney+ bundle. Regrettably, at this time we are unable to support the Live TV package with the Disney+ bundle. We always appreciate your feedback as we are always working with our partners in making sure that this can be potentially made available in the future. For more details on this, please click here (under "Can I get Hulu (No Ads) or Live TV with the Disney Bundle?"): http://spr.ly/6600GQnD0. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Does this help clear up the details at this time? 

KevinM_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Subscription. No Live TV
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jcal1, we are disheartened to learn that you have had to spend so much time with this issue, but we want to ensure you have the confirmation that you need today in regard to the Hulu+ live TV with the Disney+ bundle. Regrettably, at this time we are unable to support the Live TV package with the Disney+ bundle. We always appreciate your feedback as we are always working with our partners in making sure that this can be potentially made available in the future. For more details on this, please click here (under "Can I get Hulu (No Ads) or Live TV with the Disney Bundle?"): http://spr.ly/6600GQnD0. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Does this help clear up the details at this time? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
rcartergop

Understood - but can a Disney+ Bundle through Verizon customer add any of the Hulu-offered premium channels (HBO, Stars, etc)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want all your questions answered. This bundle does not include any of the Hulu-offered premium channels.  Those would have to be set up and billed directly through Hulu.  Here is more information:

https://www.verizon.com/support/disney-bundle-faqs/

-Sean

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Subscription. No Live TV or Other Add-ons Allowed
LisaMelCT25

So basically this promotional deal is a scam and because when I tried to activate the promo code I was told that the offer expired, interesting because the text I got on my new Verizon iPhone said the offer which was sent on 11-25-20 the day my mother died was good until 1/18/21.

And when I tried to talk to someone I was on hold for over 1 hour. It's too bad that Verizon isn't being honest and upfront about their promotional deals. Like the old saying there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I am just glad I wasn't interested in those streaming channels just upset with the garbage and runaround we customers get especially in these trying times of Covid.

Cable companies & streaming channels make out like bandits. very sad

Re: Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Sub
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LisaMelCT25, Our sincere condolences about the passing of your mother. We want to be be sure that we do all we can to help you enjoy your Disney Bundle.   Which level of the Disney Bundle are you trying to sign up for? It's definitely strange that you would receive a message that he promotion expired after such a short time frame. Please reference the "How to sign up for The Disney Bundle" found here: https://www.verizon.com/support/disney-bundle-faqs/ . Which step you are having difficulties with? 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Subscription. No Live TV or Other Add-ons Allowed
Sundhine140

Ok so after 2hrs of chatting with Verizon I was finally able to figure it out on my own. 

If your having issues try doing all the steps on a different browser. Activating espn+ worked on Chrome but finally tried Samsung internet instead to activate hulu and it worked. Took me to hulu and not Disney+. Which I was walked thru to complete my enrollment on hulu with name etc. I was on the Verizon chat when I figured it out. Have that info to the rep in hoping a lot more people will not have that problem anymore. If you don't have Samsung internet just try a different internet browser other than the one it isn't working in. Don't forget sometimes on your wireless you might have to go clear your chrome default in you app settings on your phone or and for whatever internet browser you set to default so it'll give you the option to try another browser. Good luck, hope this helps

Re: Verizon's Disney Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu) Restricts Hulu Sub
Sundhine140

Ok so after 2hrs of chatting with Verizon I was finally able to figure it out on my own. 

If your having issues try doing all the steps on a different browser. Activating espn+ worked on Chrome but finally tried Samsung internet instead to activate hulu and it worked. Took me to hulu and not Disney+. Which I was walked thru to complete my enrollment on hulu with name etc. I was on the Verizon chat when I figured it out. Have that info to the rep in hoping a lot more people will not have that problem anymore. If you don't have Samsung internet just try a different internet browser other than the one it isn't working in. Don't forget sometimes on your wireless you might have to go clear your chrome default in you app settings on your phone or and for whatever internet browser you set to default so it'll give you the option to try another browser. Good luck, hope this helps

0 Likes
jack703

I am now learning that the feature to download movies is missing as well. I just switched to Verizon and was going to discontinue my Netflix but after learning this I don't know maybe I'll go back to T-Mobile and keep my Netflix. I live in the mountains so downloading movies before I go home is important. 

0 Likes
TBabyy

If you disconnect your account/cancel your subscription , then enroll in HULU with Disney, under your account settings, you are billed by Verizon. Then within the Hulu app I upgraded to live tv. The account must be totally cancelled out; I had to have Hulu cancel my account immediately for it it work.

0 Likes