Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Verizon's buy one and get one free deal.
billybick1

On 28 Sep I signed up for the Verizon buy one Iphone 8 and get one free.  I thought it might be a good deal until I received my first bill.  In order to get the deal I had to add a new line.  The sales person protrayed this as no problem as I would only have to pay the activation fee.  Not true.  In order to keep my "free phone",  I had to keep the new line for 24 months and pay the cost for unlimited data which was$45 each month.  This was my fourth line and was a line only.   I have Iphones on the other three lines.  So the so-called free-phone was going to cost me $1080.  I could have bought another Iphone 8 for $599.99.   When I complained to Verizon Store,  They said the only way I could get out of the deal was give the free phone back, which I did.  To add insult to injury, I had to pay a $55 re-stocking fee.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's buy one and get one free deal.
billybick1

I just want Verizon to know about this so-called deal and give me some feedback. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon does know about this deal as these have been the terms for BOGO offers for the past several years...

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

BOGO deals have always involved adding a new line of service or a port in. No company is going to give away $700+ phones without return on investment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to hear that all info regarding the iPhone 8 BOGO was not disclosed during the time of purchase as I understand you were interested in this offer. Our goal is to help you move forward. Here's a link that will assist with lifting up your feedback so we can serve you better https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/o.asp?id=fcJUrQNI. Does this help?

Corey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Billybick1, we are sorry to hear that the Buy one, get one free iPhone 8 promotion was explained incorrectly to you at the time of purchase. I am more than happy to explain the promotion to you. This promotion, the new line of service will be added to your account with a monthly service fee and activation fees may apply. To get the promotional credit which makes the device free, you will have to keep the device for 24 months. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding the promotion. 

Katrina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRUCIFIEDUNICORN

I'm in the process of moving my entire plan to project fi in order for that reason. I'll be eligible there for their pixel promotion. Happy with my time with Verizon, only carrier I've ever had but time to try something new.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would never want to lose a loyal customer, CRUCIFIEDUNICORN. What can we do for you to keep you with us?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Misfitss138

No deals for current customers. In order to get the Bogo deal I have to open a new line. I currently have 2 lines. so if I could cancel one of my curent lines and open a new one. Verizon still keeps its customer so really gains nothing, but the customer loses a number  that I have had for over 20 years with no way to port it to the new line. Just feels like I am being pushed into losing my number to get a New phone. with the other carriers coverage very similar and better customer service, I think it may be time to switch carriers. At least I get a great deal on the new iPhone. And I can keep my number. Carriers would benefit from offering current customers similar deals as new customers. It would stop the constant jumping between carriers.

Thx. Disappointed current custome.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Misfitss138,

We never want you to be disappointed in us and it's important you always receive the best device deal. I don't want this to be the reason you think about switching carriers and I'm here to help restore your faith in us. I do apologize that the BOGO does require a new line of service. We certainly don't want you to feel you can't keep the same number you've had for 20 years. Let's see what options we have for you. What phone are you interested in? Are you experiencing any issues with your current phone?

Juan_VZW

0 Likes