Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon's customer service is going down the drain
ticked_texan

I'd like to share my experience with the community today with the hope that Verizon can see this and understand the impact from their poor customer service. On May 28th, I purchased a new Iphone and was sold a lifetime warranty screen protector for almost $50 (Further research shows i'm not the only one who has been scammed here). Verizon applied the screen protector but within 3 days the outside liner was peeling off on both sides, creating a bubble like area. After about a week I started looking into the warranty process and to my shock found the company charges an $8 shipping "fee" to send the tiny piece of plastic which is really just a way to make the consumer pay for the replacement. You can buy these identical screen covers on Amazon for 1/10th the price. There is zero risk to this company with this model, they can make any garbage product and force you to pay for it over and over again due to the sunk cost of your original purchase. Absolutely insidious.

I contacted VZW chat to issue a refund for this. The first agent answered and asked for a shipping address to send a label to which doesn't make any sense. Why do you need a return shipped for a 50 cent piece of plastic? This is awful for the environment. A few days later I again requested a refund but this agent refused to even send a shipping label and said I need to return to the store (50 miles away) to give back this broken piece of plastic which as we all know will be a two hour ordeal and with sky rocketing gas prices an even greater customer cost. Here's the kicker, per their own return policy you can only exchange. You are forever stuck in a cycle with a bad product you cannot return in order to turn more profit. I asked this agent to escalate the issue and he flat out refused, ignored me, and then finally told me to schedule a "supervisor" call back because apparently there isn't a single supervisor working across the United States. The agent sends me a link which I know is not actually a supervisor and is just going to blindside whatever agent is about to get my call but hey lets do what he says right? I click the link to schedule a call back in the app, and get a call after 5 minutes. I answer the phone and the line is blank, no sound, no noise. It stays connected for 50 seconds, then terminates. Finally, I get a text message saying I missed my call but they will call back again later. Absolutely incredible that this billion dollar corporation is unable to connect a call to their own subscribers after an agent refused to escalate this issue. Attached images for proof.

I'll also add when I signed into the account to issue warranty with Zagg I received no less than 4 more emails trying to sell me products immediately. For additional context I have been with Verizon for the last 4-5 years, never missed a payment, and I'm sure I have spent over $10,000 with this company. This company is going to lose me as a customer over this.IMG_0071.PNGIMG_0070.PNGzagg.pngVZW refuses to escalate.png

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's customer service is going down the drain
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ticked_texan, first and foremost we are grateful for your loyalty. We apologize for the issue you are having with your screen protector and for the experience you endured. As consumers, we know how vital it is to receive assistance when it's needed.

You mentioned that the screen protector was peeling off on both sides, creating a bubble-like area. Screen protectors that are put on a device are non-returnable. If the screen protector has a manufacturer defect we can replace it as long as it is not cracked

If the screen protector has a crack then a claim needs to be filed with ZAGG. Did ZAGG offer to find a ZAGG Store or Authorized Warranty Center Near You? 

JacobG_VZW 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

From that chat log, it's you who are being the unreasonable one. Direct your anger at Zagg if you're gonna place it anywhere.

0 Likes
ticked_texan

Nah. Verizon is selling a screen protector at a 1000% markup on the notion that it comes with a lifetime warranty thats actually not really a lifetime warranty but a way to force you to buy a .50 product over and over again so they continue to profit? You think its okay to take advantage of customers that way? Verizon is the one who is peddling it because they are given a commission so they lie to get people to buy it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ticked_texan, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience with your screen protector purchase. Most screen protectors will come with a warranty to receive a replacement. We would recommend that you contact Zagg customer service regarding the concerns of their product and shipping cost.

https://www.zagg.com/en_us/contact-us  

0 Likes
ticked_texan

This does not address the overall complaint. Your staff refused to escalate, your selling a product with a fake lifetime warranty, your call back system hung up on me and didnt call back, and your support staff lied to me about a scheduling a "supervisor callback" which was really the regular customer support line, which in turn hung up on me and never called back. I should not have to work as a customer for your customer service team to help.

0 Likes