Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon sent me an UNREQUESTED credit card, MISSING from envelope!
Feralcatfixer

Verizon mailed me an envelope which clearly says on the outside"This is a VERIZON VISA CARD".  The envelope was open and the card was missing!. Do you think I could get through to a live person about this?  No...all I can do is get a chat that tells me they will deactivate it, but no one is available to speak with until tomorrow!  I realize that the thief probably can't use the card as is, but with more and more identity theft and crime in the world, who is to say they can't figure out a way to use it???  I am so upset right now!   Never asked for a credit card and if they had bothered to ask, I would have said NO.  This has got to be the most irresponsible promotion I have ever heard of.  I am trying to refi my house right now and the last thing I need is something stupid like this to mess that up. 

Verizon, I almost always sing your praises, but after paying years for phone insurance only to be told "no screen in stock" when I needed a repair, and now this????

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon sent me an UNREQUESTED credit card, MISSING from envelope!
9wood

Would report this to the post office as well 

0 Likes
Feralcatfixer

Thanks for suggesting, I will do that in the morning. :<)

0 Likes
9wood

Not sure if it's postal inspected but could find online who but would definitely contact them may have on usps site 

0 Likes
9wood

Oops sorry typo inspecter not inspected auto correct gets picky

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure this issue has been fully resolved.  Did you still need assistance regarding this or any other issues today?

0 Likes
Feralcatfixer

Thanks, I think it is good now.  But I would certainly pass on to the marketing folks that this promo was a BAD idea...My coworker had the "credit card" taken from the envelope he received too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Glad to hear it was taken care of. If you do need us, feel to reach out to us. Learn how to here (https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/) . We will also uplift your feedback regarding this experience. Take care. 

BrittanyC_VZW 

0 Likes