Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon steals phones!
DMOOR582

I traded in my son's iPhone 8 in December and was promised $400 for the trade-in. I got a notice from Verizon that my trade-in device was received. Then nothing. I contacted verizon several times. Nothing. 

Verizon basically just stole my phone. They acknowledged that they received it, but they say they now can't find it to evaluate it.

Don't ever trade-in a phone with Verizon. They are thiefs.

Re: Verizon steals phones!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want you to have an excellent experience with our trade-in program (https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/), DMOOR582. When you trade-in a device you can check the status of the trade-in at this link (https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in#/checkStatus), what details/explanation about your trade-in do you see if you check the status at the above link? -Antonio

0 Likes
DMOOR582

Yes, I know. The status says "12/30/2020 Your Shipment has Arrived", then nothing. I called and was told that the phone couldn't be located. So basically, Verizon lost it. 

"Original Appraisal: $18.33 per month for 30 months" was not honored. Verizon took my phone that was in perfect working order and gave me nothing in return.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

DMoor582 We can certainly look into this for you. We have sent you a private message here in this forum. Making sure you you get the credits you deserve. -Dolores

0 Likes
DMOOR582

I am trying to respond to your private message, but get a message that says: "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

I don't know that I've ever sent a private message so no idea how my limit would be reached.

0 Likes
KH-Antonius
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Dmoor582,

We're looking into the issue you've reported and need a little more information to track down what might be causing it.

Any chance you could share a screenshot of the error you see after attempting to send a PM? 

Thank you, 

0 Likes
DMOOR582

No need, I was finally able to respond to the PM so I'm just waiting for their response.

0 Likes
DMOOR582

Can you respond to my PM that I sent back? I haven't heard anything since this initial contact.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

DMOOR582, your time is valuable and we are here to help. Making sure you receive a resolution for your device trade-in promotion concern is important. We have sent you a new Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.  -Sylvia

0 Likes
DMOOR582

The link you sent me in the private message never worked. Please resend. 

Verizon still has my phone and hasn't paid me for it! 

0 Likes