Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon support tactics
wtheisinger

I have two phone lines on my account.

Yesterday, I woke up to find one line showing only SOS. I proceeded to contact support via chat and was led through a myriad of steps .. some seemed extremely silly (turn on and off findmyphone) and others seemed to make sense (she proceeded to create an eSIM for me).. but in the end, I was disconnected. 
I then called support. Enter the same routine, after 1 hour, was told I would be transferred to TIER 3. Instead, I was bounced into the queue and transferred to another TIER 2 rep.  An hour later, was told I would be transferred to TIER 3. Again, bounced into the queue and this time the TIER 2 rep told me there was NO TIER 3.. she proceeded to try and help me then went silent and she dropped my cell service (this was on my working line mind you).

Combined, I spent 4.5 hours with support on my Sunday, one of my only days off, trying to resolve this only to waste my time, which I take very seriously, to have nothing solved. 

The lack of communication, the lack of professionalism, the incredibly slow response from reps via chat and the feeling that when you talk to someone they have no idea what they are doing, is mind numbing.

I spent $1,000.00 on an iphone and $250+ monthly for phone service/lines to have be given this level of support is disgusting. 

I plan on following up on these tactics by requesting a full disclosure of all my records including audit logs from the customer support systems used, the chat messages and all other material. I am just shocked that this is how customers are treated via support

Re: Verizon support tactics
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're truly disappointed to learn of your experience and want to ensure you have a working phone at all times, wtheisinger. Thank you for making us aware of what's going on and for your efforts with this. Is your device still showing sos? What is the make and model of your iPhone? What is the current software in your device?  -Danielle

0 Likes
wtheisinger

After 1 more hour with support, disconnected

At the time I started to respond to this, it was showing SOS but about 2 hours later I had a signal.. however, I get a dialogue box when I place a call stating that the line is not available.. that led me to looking at the cellular details on the phone .. there are now fours sims on my phone. primary-> off, secondary-> off, business -> off, travel -> on.. 

no idea what any of this means to me but that dialogue box is annoying and nobody has told me why this all happened in the first place.

My phone details:

Iphone 12 Pro

iOS 16.0

can you please tell me which email I need to send a data request to Verizon? I am interested in getting all data in my account, transactions of the support chats, audit logs from the IVR and CRM systems used internally for any conversations with me related to the calls from 10/23 and 10/24. Thanks

wtheisinger

Is there a reason you ask me for details about my issue then ignore my response? this seems to be the pattern of Verizon (lack of) support.

Now my phone is completely hosed.. I have 3 eSIMs listed and cannot send messages other than iMessages... you guys are the best 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, wtheisinger. We are very sorry to hear about any continuing issues with your device(s). We certainly want to help going forward in every way that we can. Is your device still showing SOS? What is the make and model of your iPhone? What is the current software in your device? 

-Brett

0 Likes
wtheisinger

this just exemplifies some of my points..

IF you REALLY wanted to help, you would have read this thread.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

wtheisinger, we've sent you a private note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes