Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon to replace Phone
Doxiedave

Verizon was to replace my phone do to their Hotspot issue. Verizon never followed thru nor contacted me back. 

What is their contact email or messaging they will actually respond to

I had just purchased a Note 10+ 512GB when 1st released in October 2019

I was out if state Mobile Hotspot would not work. Spent hours with Verizon via Facebook & calls.

Retail store where they only had a downgraded Verizon they swapped my sim into , & bricked the phone I purchased  leaving me with a smaller lower priced version. 

About 10 days later I get a Text saying Verizon resolved their Mobile hotspot issues. But the Dozens of staff Had No idea it was an internal issue all along!!!

verizon was to send me a New Note 10+ 512gb as thats what I was forced getting on a payment plan to get the small discount on the 1300 dollar phone !

I was also to be compensated due to all the issues which was done by maybe 5 percent of what I was Told, a Nominal request for all my losses of income & Time!

This is the condensed version of all events. I'm more than irritated still as No follow up have occurred nor has Verizon sent the correct phone.

I trust this community can help or verizon actually monitors this 

Re: Verizon to replace Phone
Andy46

following for any insight on getting actual response from the company.  They will only take sales calls or texts or chats.  customer service has been hanging up as soon as they realize there is no new money to be had from me.  If you finally get a person after hours of holding they hang up if they cannot sell you, or if your issue may require effort to solve.  heartbreaking really... no phone stinks, especially after what I pay them, but to be treated with such contempt, dismissiveness, and lack of respect has been an upsetting experience that has actually sent me into a major depressive episode.  Good luck.  Sorry we do not matter to this company or at least to some of their staff who truly seem to resent the customer and the company they work for.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@Doxiedave  Samsung warranties your phone.  Verizon is authorized to make replacements on their behalf.  If you accepted a phone, they probably no longer have you as a pending warranty customer.  You probably should not have settled, but insisted they ship you a phone.  
File a BBB complaint.   It gets forwarded to upper management who will call you.

0 Likes
Doxiedave

I had No idea the kid at the store who was testing a new Card in a new phone would as they call it "Brick" the Phone I purchased. brick = rendered it useless as it cannot be used ever again!

he didn't tell me the same phone I had was out of stock. Made it seem like he was just testing it.

I find it hard to believe they would care about the BBB , the BBB is just a company businesses pay to have accreditation with that is commonly known by many . They have zero authority or power its Just a public place to look at reviews.

Ever since Google & every other site has Reveiws & postings BBB is a waste of money for most companies .

The way BBB works is so long as the Company responds to the Conplaint they retain a A+ status . They could have a million complaints , but as long as they reply BBB keeps them a A+ rated business & no one reads the complaints as they can't be seen. 

If you can see any complaint about Verizon on the BBB website not resolved as they mark them please forward the link.

I do appreciate your suggestions also.

Stay safe & healthy during this crisis 

0 Likes
mama23dogs

Businesses have 30 days to respond to a Better Business Bureau complaint. If you search Better Business Bureau on this forum you will find it is recommended often because the response is usually given in 2 to 5 days.

I keep recommending it because it works.   And it is the only way you’re going to bypass peons and get someone with clout to look at your issue, which is far as Verizon‘s computer is concerned has been resolved by sticking you with an inferior phone that you did not purchase.  

Thank you for the well wishes. I hope the same for you and all of America. This is a strange time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand your discontent and apologize for the inconvenience. As a consumer, I know conflicting information can be discouraging.  Let's look into this. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
Doxiedave

Verizon sent me a private messages & told me to contact the store who caused this issue. EVEN THOUGH THE STORE told me only Verizon could assist & contact Corporate. After verifying my account TWICE & receiving  some pretyped  generic replies,  Verizon Never fixed this Simple issue Nor offered anything to offset all my time wasted & for their Error. Very poor Client relations especially from the MOST expensive Phone company out there!!!

Sprint is the worst but at least they  will correct issues & offer some kind of compensation when appropriate.  

0 Likes