Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon took care of my issue with Assurion claim!
RITABETH56

About a month ago I purchased the new #Samsung Flip for my granddaughter who is in college. I purchased through Verizon Wireless, who gladly sent it to her using her college address. I also insured the phone, as I do all 13 phones, tablets and watches on my account. My granddaughter sat the phone on her desk and it slid off cracking the screen! Totally her fault! I got on Assurion.com's site and filed the claim. However, when I gave them my granddaughter's address at her college, I was told Assurion would not send the replacement phone to her. They wanted to send it to me and then have me go to UPS or FedEx (the same services they use) and send the phone to her on my dime! This made no logical sense to me! Her school is over 30p miles from our home and we were traveling in our RV at the time and would not be back home u til Christmas.#Assurion's second solution was to send the phone to a friend's house and have them resend the phone to my granddaughter's school address! So, I called Verizon to complain. Initially I was told there was nothing that could be done since #Assurion is not a Verizon company. My argument was that I pay for Assurion via Verizon and Verizon does not give us a choice of insurance companies…Assurion is all the offer, My Verizon bill is over $1400 a month and I told them doing nothing was not expectable ! I was eventually transferred to a 2nd line supervisor. She was amazing! After she spoke with Assurion, she agreed that their policy regarding not sending the replacement phone to my granddaughter at her school address made no sense. So, Verizon sent my granddaughter a new Samsung Flip! I paid the deductible that I would have had to pay with Assurion and Verizon Wireless sent her the new phone (on their dime) to my granddaughter's school address. When I asked them if they would collecting the additional balance, as this is a $1000 phone, she told me that they had no way to collect the additional $800 from Assurion! 2 days later my Granddaughter had a brand new Samsung Fli

We have been Verizon Wireless customer since they purchased AirTouch in the 1990's and this is one of many reasons we have never considered leaving them.

Thank you Verizon for listening to our complaint and fixing it! You are the greatest!

RitaBeth

0 Likes
Re: Verizon took care of my issue with Assurion claim!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a long-time and valued customer, we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We thank you for your kind words too, and we're always here to help you anytime.

After all, please remember, as a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We're glad to hear that we were able to address and resolve your concerns. Thank you so much for your kind words too.

We'll work even harder to continue earning your customer loyalty. I assure you  that these are not just typed words.

We're always only a message away. Please enjoy your day and take care! 

-Robert C.

0 Likes