Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon up rewards change
Chickmate3

Does anyone understand what the changes on the Verizon up plan?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon up rewards change
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, Chickmate3. Verizon Up is an awesome reward program, so I want to make sure you fully understand what changes are coming. Device Dollars will be no longer and any ones that you currently have will expire on 6/30/22 or 24 months from the claim date, whichever comes first. We will be bringing to you more special offers and much more. -Dia

0 Likes
JDB124

So as I understand it, Verizon customers like myself, who have been patiently building up rewards dollars in hopes of getting to a point we have enough saved up that the possibility of purchasing a new device might be achievable,  are having that goal taken away from them. My rewards dollars were not set to beging expiring until mid-2023. By then, the rewards dollars I would have saved when added to the amount i currently have, would have been enough savings to make the purchase of the new device affordable.  But the amount i have saved now is not enough to make any device affordable. So what was the point of this program? When it started, I received $5/month for bundling home and wireless. In fact, when I signed up for Fios TV and Gig internet service in my home, I am pretty sure the $5/month rewards dollars for bundling Home & Wireless plans was one of the incentives offered as part of the agreement.  At the time i signed on there was also the option to add another $5 device dollars as a monthly reward.  But that option was soon taken away.  So the device dollars i have saved up are useless. If i had known then that Verizon was not going to honor the device dollar program, i would not have selected a gift card in lieu of device dollars as a monthly reward. At the very least, if Verizon is going to change the rules so dramatically, and cut more than a year off expiration dates, it should open up the device dollars rewards program to include accessories, or apply any unused device dollars towards customer monthly invoices at the expiration date, or figure out a way to roll over the device dollars into whatever this new program is that Verizon won't reveal so that customers can use them. The way this is being handled doesn't sit right with me.  Anyone else feel this way?  

Larry561

Chickmate3, I spoke to an agent who just pointed me to the stuff I was already looking at on the web page.  They know but can't say there will be no more rewards to Panera, etc. It will just appear on the website within the next few weeks.   The rewards went from $10 to $5 and are going to nothing.  Verizon has no incentive to be benevolent to customers, but there is no harm in being straight with the customer. I am grateful 4 phones with unlimited plans are worthy of a $5 and not a $4 monthly reward.   However, the response "rewards change from time to time" is word salad. It's a response and not an answer to the question Are rewards from Verizon Up are going away?  Even money says Verizon UP will now be reduced to a monthly listing of possible discount event tickets.  Woohoo. 

0 Likes
JV1957

Yeah, basically no more $10 rewards I’ve counted on over the years. I guess verizon is getting cheap now. Nice going verizon…NOT! I’ve been a customer for over 12 uears and liked the $10 reward each month. So much for that. They just have a bunch of x-amount of dollars off on junk

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Please know that we truly value you as such a loyal customer. As you mentioned, there have been changes made to the Verizon UP Rewards. You can get all information and details here: 

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/

I hope this helps. 

-Vanessa

0 Likes