Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon up
Bh89

Can't redeem 1 gig bonus data reward. Been getting the run-around for months. Verizon up, customer service and tech support all say they can't fix the problem. I can claim it but not redeem it. What the heck? Are they all incompetent?

Re: Verizon up
Tigerstep

Do you call the person behind the deli counter incompetent for not knowing how to rotate a tire?

Customer Care and Tech do NOT control Verizon UP rewards or anything else with that program, this is why there is a Verizon UP team. 

0 Likes
Bh89

Then why does the Verizon up team say we can't fix it call customer service????? I've called Verizon up multiple times and every time they direct me to customer service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Bh89, we're concerned to learn that you're not able to redeem your Verizon UP reward, and we'd love to help. The last thing we want is for you to feel like you're getting the run-around. Please let us know exactly what happens when you try to redeem it. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
Bh89

I get a message saying we can't add the data there's an issue with your account. Call customer service. That's when I start getting the run-around. Customer service says we can't fix it call Verizon up. I call Verizon up they say they can't fix it call tech support. Tech support says we can't fix it call customer service. It's a never ending merry-go-round

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for those details, Bh89. We want to make sure that we get you a proper resolution today. Please send us a private note to better assist. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
mnordlund

The Verizon Up team does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!  I have the same issue.  Over 100 min getting the run around.  Complete incompetency.  

0 Likes
mnordlund

100 minutes! of run around.  Ridiculous.  I'm this close going to T-Mobile.  Pretty simple, the last step to get your 1 GB of data from Verizon Up you press 'Activate' on the Verizon phone app.

When you do, it states, 'there is a problem with your account, calll 1-800-xxxx.  Then the run around begins with first customer service, tech support, Verizon Up team (absolutely useless), and then Tier 1 Customer service.  Verizon Up is Verizon Down clown show.

T-Mobile here I come.  Lost a customer of over 15 yrs.

0 Likes
mnordlund

Definitely the worst customer service.  They do not empower their customer service nor give them responsibility to fix the issue.

0 Likes
mnordlund

So what's the resolution Customer Support?  Only 50 minutes of getting the run around?

0 Likes