Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon will not let me cancel my out-of-contract service
Leitmotifff

Verizon,

Today was the third time that I wasted almost an hour on the phone trying to cancel my account. It is no longer under contract and I hereby refuse to pay any further on this service. Each time I call a customer service representative, I am disconnected after she tries to look up my account information. I have not been using the line for 3 months and the line is even marked as suspended, yet I am still receiving charges. This amounts to EXTORTION.

Again, I AM NOT PAYING ANY MORE. YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO SHUT MY ACCOUNT DOWN ON YOUR OWN TIME.

Sincerely,

A frustrated ex-verizon customer

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Verizon Wireless Admin

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon will not let me cancel my out-of-contract service
Weth
Sr. Leader

I understand your frustration, but please understand posting here does not give you any legal protection from paying anything more. If you are having trouble on the phone, can you get to a Verizon store to cancel? As frustrating as it is, to protect yourself, call customer service if you can't make it to the store. Try calling from a different line in case it is the phone you are using having problems for whatever reason. Good luck.

0 Likes
dad_of_2

Are you plan on going to another carrier or just disconnecting all together?

You could just go to the other carrier and port over your numbers.  When it is ported then it is no longer a verizon phone number.  That would, in turn, have you cancel your service.

If you are just disconnecting, try canceling it online on your myverizon account.  That should be able to fix it.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You can't cancel online. The available options are calling customer service or visiting a corporate store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

EsthelaRamos3

I have 4 lines under my account and for 2 days ive been trying to cancel 2 of those 4 and they just put me on hold. the best that i can do basically is put a clain under bureau of consumer affairs. Ive spoke to multiple representatives and after a long wait time they tell me that i have to call a number and that number does not seem to lead to anything. then when you online they give you options to suspend or cancel but the options dont lead anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know life's needs change and reducing your lines should be an easy part of life. We'd like to help you here. Please send us a Private Message for account specific help. - VCarter_VZW

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes