Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon won't apply bill credit from free iPhone promo
ph0ne

Back in January of 2022 I logged onto my Verzion Wireless account, started browsing the "Deals" section and noticed the iPhone 11 was listed as free. The catch was you had to pay $499.99 upfront in full, and would be credited back that same amount over 24 months. I took a screenshot of the exact terms at checkout which read:

• Congrats! You're getting $499.99 in monthly credits over 24 months.
  • You are paying full retail price today. You will see a $20.83 monthly promo credit in 1-2 billing cycles. If your credit takes 2 cycles to appear, you'll see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month's credit. This ends if the line is terminated or transferred. Only one promo per active line.

I went ahead and paid in full $499.99 + taxes at checkout. It's now four months later and I haven't received any bill credits on my monthly bill. I online chatted to two reps for about an hour each, spoke to a rep on the phone for an hour, and visited a Verizon store to get the same story told to me:

1. Sorry, but this type of promotion only applies to new lines
  2. Sorry, I can't find any record of this promotion in our system
  3. Sorry, you can't send in any of your screenshots to us because "email security"
  4. Sorry, there's nothing I can do

The terms didn't mention anything about "new lines only". Verizon's system allowed me to pay for the phone all the while telling me I'll be credited the same amount back to my account. Is my only option at this point to file an FCC billing complaint? Where are my promised credits?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't apply bill credit from free iPhone promo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are happy to review your concerns with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here. We are available for you around the clock, and we are always happy to assist in any way that we can!

*Robert

0 Likes