Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon won't honor offer
Keivn

Here is my situation...I was recently looking into upgrading my current cell phone to a new Galaxy S7.  I was chatting with a customer service agent online who offered a $200 discount off of the price of the new device.  I was excited about this offer as the phone also comes with a free Samsung Gear S2 watch when ordered online.  However, when I went to order the phone, no discount off of the retail price was available as offered.  I then went into a Verizon Wireless location and they were able to find the $200 offer, but said they were not able to process the free Gear S2 as that was an online offer only.  I explained about not being able to see the discount online, but they assured me it was in the system and should work.  I went home and tried again, only to have it not work again.  I started a second chat with another customer service agent who was able to find the $200 offer but was unable to process the order for me.  She told me to contact customer service and they would be able to apply the $200 discount and apply the free Gear S2 promotion.   So I called the customer service line this morning and was on the phone for about an hour only to be told that I could either go online and get the free watch, but not the $200 off offer, or get the $200 off the device but not the watch.  I explained that I specifically asked the online rep that if I called,I would be able to get the $200 off the device and the free Gear S2, and she replied yes.  This is a conversation I printed out and read to the agent on  the phone who continued to explain that there was nothing that could be done.   I have been with verizon wireless for close to a decade with multiple lines, I have verizon fios for cable, phone and internet, and am also a verizon stock holder.  It is very upsetting to be essentially lied to by four different employees, then be told that "your loyalty is appreciated" but there is "nothing we can do", even though I have the offer of the $200 device discount and the free promotional watch in writing from a verizon representative. How much is my loyalty actually appreciated? I aksed to speak with the manager of the rep I was speaking to over the phone and was told it was a 20 minute wait, and that it would be a "waste of time" because she already spoke to her manger and there was nothing that could be done.  After continually being told that I would be wasting my time, I hung up before reaching the manager. I would hate to have to leave verizon, but it seems like this may be my only option at this point given how poorly this experience has gone, this doesn't seem like it should be so difficult to resolve. I'd like to get this resolved as soon as possible as I was also told that the free Gear S2 promotion is ending very soon (although I guess I have to wonder how true that is as well).   I sent an email to David Small, Executive VP fro Wireless Operations, and am waiting for a response.  Any other thoughts on how I should handle this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon won't honor offer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kevin, we certainly want our valuable customers to get the best offer when choosing a new phone. We deeply apologize that the promotions offered cannot be combined. Possibly in the future another promotion will be available that can be combine, but we are sad to say those specific ones you stated cannot be done together.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kevin, we certainly want our valuable customers to get the best offer when choosing a new phone. We deeply apologize that the promotions offered cannot be combined. Possibly in the future another promotion will be available that can be combine, but we are sad to say those specific ones you stated cannot be done together.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keivn

Steve,

So then why was I offered this combination by three different Verizon

employees? I even have it in writing. There must be something that can be

done to fix this situation. Making the offer I was given work would be

ideal, but there must be something that can be done. I'm essentially losing

out on a either a $200 discount or a $300 smart watch because Verizon

won't honor what they said they could do.

Kevin

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

The offers are not combinable. You have to pick one or the other. It doesn't matter what you were told, which actually is in the Verizon wireless terms and conditions. And no, I am not an employee.

0 Likes
Keivn

So that makes it okay to make promises to keep your business, then not

honor them?

pherson
Leader

I wasn't there so I don't know what was said or not. Fact of the matter is people make mistakes. And promotions are not combinable. You have to decide which one is for you. Ands why that disclaimer is written in the vzw terms and conditions.

Best wishes

0 Likes
Keivn

It's frustrating because 4 different people made the mistake. 2 online

chat, 1 phone, 1 in store. All promising the same thing.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

You can't get both. That's all there is to it. Pick one. Or neither. Getting both promotions is not likely to happen.

0 Likes
Keivn

The point is that my wife and I were thinking about upgrading or switching providers based on the best offer we would get. She wanted the Note 5, I wanted the S7. T-Mobile offered an alright deal, but the only reason she went through with her upgrade with Verizon was because 4 different Verizon representatives told us the two promotions would work fine together. Which turned out to be completely untrue. Whether both will work or not is only part of the issue, the other part is that 4 different people in 3 different areas of the company (online, phone and store) shouldn't be able to promise you the same thing, then not allow it.  Bait and switch, plain and simple.

This doesn't seem like a terribly difficult problem for them to fix.

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

IN your eyes you may feel that way. Nowadays things are different. If you get a better deal elsewhere then go. Companies just don't give out credits for no reason, and this is no reason. Youve been told what you can get multiple times on this board. Take one or the other or leave. Choice is yours but you aren't getting both.

0 Likes