Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon wont return my credit (refund on an order they messed up)
anuppimpalkhare

I had got two egift cards from Verizon for $500 each when I moved from T-Mobile. I tried to use them to purchase an iPhone 12 Mini which cost $698 with a case. This was on 8th Jan 2022. But since the order was not shipping despite the phone shown in stock, I requested to cancel the order. After some efforts, my order got cancelled, but the balance on both of my egift cards was zero.

Then Verizon opened an investigation request into my card balance. It was resolved on 21st January 2022 and I was notified by email on same day that $1000 will be added to my credit. A few days back I got $500 gift card in mail. I have been following up with Verizon for the remaining $500 gift card, but I am being given a run around and nobody can give me straight and correct information.

I had to struggle a lot to get the order cancelled. Then again I was asked to call different numbers, had to hold the line for hours and led to lot of frustration. Then after the order was cancelled, no refund was issued. I had to again call and hold for long times to get someone to open that investigation on the refund. And now again the same story for getting the remaining $500.

Its been a nightmare experience with Verizon wireless. I have been advising all my friends to stay away from Verizon. The network might be great, but the customer service is awful and there is no regard for the customer.

This is my last resort, to see if I can get any help here.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon wont return my credit (refund on an order they messed up)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That does sound atrocious. I'm sad to hear about this experience. It seems like an open and shut investigation. We'd like to take a look at your account to see if there are any options to help. Please send us a private message for further help. Thank you for letting us know you still need help. 

-Carter

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there anuppimpalkhare and thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is very concerning to learn of this experience and we want to help make this right. I have sent you a PM for additional assistance. Please reply there to continue.

-Candice

0 Likes
anuppimpalkhare

I want to post the update to my post here as of 2/15/2022. After my initial post, Verizon reached out to me right away on a separate chat window. They have created a ticket to resolve this matter and assured me that I will be updated as soon as the ticket is resolved.

However the SLA for ticket resolution is 7-10 days and God knows how many days after that I actually get my $500 gift card back. They could not give me a definite timeline or date.

I am putting this update for anyone else who reads my post and faces similar issues. This is also to update this thread, so that I can use this same thread if I don't get a resolution within reasonable time.

0 Likes
anuppimpalkhare

Today I followed up with Verizon through the private message on the status of this request. Previously I was told the resolution time of 7-10 days from 2/15/2022. Today I was told it is 3 weeks and given a date of 3/8/2022. This is the date when the ticket will get resolved and if I have not received the refund of $500, a manual credit will be issued to my Verizon account. 

So now I wait at the mercy of Verizon gods till 8th March and pray that this frustrating experience ends.

Posting this to keep this thread updated with what is happening on my issue.

0 Likes
anuppimpalkhare

So latest update - 

yesterday I got an email from Verizon asking me to upload Copy of the receipt from the store for this purchase.

I am seriously puzzled. Verizon had already done an investigation earlier (via a ticket) and on completion of the investigation, I had got an email saying that the investigation is complete and I will be credited with $1000.00.

Subsequently I received a gift check of $500 via mail. I have been following up on the remaining $500 with Verizon. It seems like they  have now started another investigation of some kind instead of refunding me the remaining $500, which I have not got and that is the only only issue.

This is getting beyond ridiculous and Verizon doesn't seem to have a clue. They are investigating something that already did in January and instead of refunding me the full credit, only refunded half the credit and are again playing the delaying tactics game. 

I think I am don't with Verizon. If this is not resolved quickly, I am moving out to another carrier.

0 Likes
anuppimpalkhare

One more update today. Verizon supposedly have credited my account with the $500. I got a text message from Verizon as well as a confirmation in my chat with them. There is no way for me to verify this at the moment, as the credit will be reflected in my next bill.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too and we'd regret losing you as our customer. After reviewing the feedback you've shared here, I'd be disappointed too. I apologize for any inconvenience this experience is causing you.

Typically, during an investigation, Verizon will keep our customers updated as quickly as possible. We've noted your reference about having received a $500 gift check via mail. Congrats!

However, the remaining credit amount you've referenced 9e.g., $500) hasn't been resolved. We certainly don't want to leave any stone unturned regarding this matter and I'm confident that our team investigating this matter for you will provide you with updated information as quickly as possible.

Based on the information you've provided here, it appears that there may have been two investigations for your account. May I ask if the correspondence you've received from Verizon included a detailed explanation about the credit you've received so far?-Robert C.

0 Likes
anuppimpalkhare

So I got a notification via email and text that Verizon decided that the refund payment should not be issued.

This is atrocious. An agent messed up my order when I wanted to buy an iphone 12 mini using two egift cards worth $500 each. The order cost was $698 but after placing the order balance on both my cards was ZERO. I cancelled the order because I did not get the phone on time. The refund was never issued. Verizon opened an investigation into my payment refund and sent me an email that the investigation is completed and a refund of $1000 will be credited to me. I got $500 via a check in mail. I have been following up for the remaining $500 since then. Few days back Verizon launched another investigation into my refund. Last week I got a confirmation text that the refund will be credited to my account and not today they say they will not issue a refund.

This is plain and simple cheating. I have been asked to call the rebate number and the hold time is over 30 minutes. I am spending hours of my time over the past month plus following up with Verizon due to their stupid and shady processes.

This is the last straw. I will now file complaints against Verizon and  move my lines to another carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That does sound atrocious. I'm sad to hear about this experience. It seems like an open and shut investigation. We'd like to take a look at your account to see if there are any options to help. Please send us a private message for further help. Thank you for letting us know you still need help. 

-Carter

0 Likes
anuppimpalkhare

I have sent a private message

0 Likes