Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Very slow 5G Nationwide and LTE speeds in Tampa Bay, FL areas
FlAnalyst

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer since it was Bell Atlantic Mobile (1997) and had very good service up until I switched to the Unlimited 55+ Plan in Florida.  I have also been a loyal Apple iPhone user and recently upgraded to the new iPhone 12 which is an excellent phone.  At the time that I upgraded I was told by a gentleman in the Verizon store that my “deprioritization” problem (very slow data) would be reduced or eliminated if I upgraded to a 5G capable phone (which I have) because the network traffic would be spread out on LTE and 5G.  Well, that has not happened.  My data speeds are painfully slow as ever during the day and occasionally acceptable after 11 PM!  When I login to my account there is a message that I should upgrade to a higher premium unlimited plan to receive so may extras and no slowdown.  As I read the messages, I see that there are many customers that have the $80-$90 premium plans and that they report slow data speeds!  What does it take to get a phone a works with a useable signal on Verizon?  I am seriously considering changing carriers if things don’t improve soon.

Re: Very slow 5G Nationwide and LTE speeds in Tampa Bay, FL areas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

FlAnalyst, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. Making sure you have the services you need is vital. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate. Does your service concern happen primarily indoors? Can you please confirm that your device has the latest Software Update? Also, can you please provide us with your nearest intersection, City, and zip code so we can accurately pinpoint your location? 

0 Likes
FlAnalyst

I am using the latest iOS 14.3 with my iPhone 12.  The slow speeds occur both indoors and outdoors especially in the commercial areas near the intersection of Route 301 and Big Bend Road, Riverview, FL 33579 and 33578. In that area  I often have no usable service despite the fact that I have a strong signal, 4-5 bars.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ok. Thank you, FlAnalyst. We'd like to have a closer look at this for you, and we'll be sending you a private note.

0 Likes
FlAnalyst

Hello,

I know how to use WiFi at home or in public but that is not the issue.  The problem is that Verizon’s network is often over capacity and I’m deprioritized down to a level where I don’t have enough speed to send and email or text message from my mobile phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am glad that you have been leveraging Wi-Fi when its available to help with your data concerns, FlAnalyst. I know that I would want the peace of mind knowing that my cellular data was enough when I way away from known Wi-Fi sources myself. It looks like we were working in a private note a few days ago. Let's meet back there to continue to work on resolving this issue. Please reply to the new private note I have sent you.

0 Likes