Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Visual voicemail not working
Mdschatz

I have to dial *86 to get my messages, my phone stopped showing messages in the visual voicemail app ever since loading marshmallow. I have a Samsung s6. How do you fix the visual voicemail?

Labels (1)
Re: Visual voicemail not working
MikeyWade
Novice

Settings>Applications>Application Manager>Voicemail>Force Stop  Then go to storage in that same location and clear data.  This won't erase any voicemails, it just clears subscription data from the application.  Try to re-establish your subscription.  You will need to have mobile data on because features like visual voicemail don't work with just wi-fi on.

Mleech421

How did you fix this?

@Mdschatz wrote:

I have to dial *86 to get my messages, my phone stopped showing messages in the visual voicemail app ever since loading marshmallow. I have a Samsung s6. How do you fix the visual voicemail?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mleech421, receiving messages in the Voicemail app is important to ensure that you do not miss anything. We are here to assist. How are other apps and the web working? Are you able to use apps and the web when you are not connected to Wi-Fi?   

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
rsantiago76

unable to use visual voicemail, how do i fix this? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Voicemail keeps us connected rsantiago76 we want to be sure you can use it. How long has this been happening? Were there any recent changes to your phone? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
beatrixkinney

Go to setting - general management - reset - reset network settings and reset.  This fixed mine.

LesDB

Worked for me too.

0 Likes
apearman

Apparently if you don't buy your phone from Verizon,they won't activate visual voicemail.  cruddy.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes