Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Voicemail time stamp
oktober10

Hi, I'm on a family plan and the primary account holder is on the west coast, I'm on the east coast. When I got my new phone, the timestamp on my voicemail was west coast time. Is there a way to change this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail time stamp
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oktober10

I hope you are enjoying your new device. Do you have your service address set to your currently home location? Check out this great link to ensure your service address is correct. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-billing-or-service-address-video/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oktober10

Hi Christopher, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this did not answer my question. The Billing address on the account is in California which is where I used to live and where my brother (and the billing address) still live. My old California address is what is still listed on the account however I live in NY and there is no option to update my old information. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry about that oktober10. I will be more than happy to clear this up and make sure your time is reporting correctly. This could be caused because your service address is also set to the California address you used to live in. By changing your service address under MyVerizon, this will only change the address under your number but won’t affect the statement or bill. Does this make sense? You said it was a new phone, was a regular upgrade or alternative upgrade from another line on the account?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
oktober10

Hello, it was a regular upgrade. I didn't see a place to update my service

address. Why would this have changed just because I got a new phone? I

moved over 4 years ago and never had this problem with my previous

upgrades.

Thanks.

On May 7, 2016 2:57 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

There are two separate addresses associated with the account and possibly each line. The billing address and the service address. The billing address is where the bill is sent to. The service address is the location where each device is primarily used. The account owner or manager has to change the SERVICE address for your line only so the voicemail, taxes and regulatory fees are calculated for your primary location. The two addresses can be completely different. For example, when I got my current phone number, where I lived Verizon Wireless didn't have native service. I used a family member's address in a nearby county where Verizon Wireless did have service to change my number from an out of state number to a more local number. The two addresses were in two different cities and two different zip codes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wdfarmer

I have the same kind of problem.  I originally started my Verizon cellphone service when I was living in Virginia, which is in the Eastern time zone, and the phone number that I chose had the local area code 276, for Abingdon, Virginia.  I have moved around a lot since then, but have always kept the same number.  I currently live in Minnesota, and my billing address and service address are both set to my home address here in Minnesota, which is in the Central time zone.  Yet, when I receive voice mails, their timestamp is always reported in Eastern time.

0 Likes
wdfarmer

Follow-up:  I'm still having the same problem.  I called Verizon today, and they're working on it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello wdfarmer, we understand you called in for a resolution. Was your voicemail issue addressed already? ~Baldo

0 Likes